Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

6 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

You don't agree that a game-losing turnover is a pretty bad mistake?

I didn't say anything about that. It was no doubt an awful result, and you can interpret how/why it happened in many different ways. You said he took a huge step backwards today, which is a flaming hot turd assessment imo. No player is defined only by one bad play, especially when they made tons of great plays all night long. 

8 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I didn't say anything about that. It was no doubt an awful result, and you can interpret how/why it happened in many different ways. You said he took a huge step backwards today, which is a flaming hot turd assessment imo. No player is defined only by one bad play, especially when they made tons of great plays all night long. 

Yeah, I getcha....  and after watching a replay of the fumble, there were certainly some bad circumstances around it that didn't help.

I'm just tired of losing games because of one effing mistake, and he makes an easy scapegoat today I suppose.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We are not even in this game without Adrian.  There were several calls that cost us the game.  Starting with the first half play calling, bogus pass inference that lead to a TD & a fumble that should have been called dead as he was moving backward. 

And this can also be true..... but....  he has a knack for coming up empty at the business end of these games.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting Smothers is better or anything like that. AM is our guy and Frost's guy, win or lose. He's just gotta find a way to finish these things off. Taking care of the ball is football 101.

• Plus1 1
Just now, CheeseHusker said:

And this can also be true..... but....  he has a knack for coming up empty at the business end of these games.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting Smothers is better or anything like that. AM is our guy and Frost's guy, win or lose. He's just gotta find a way to finish these things off.

We have other problems like our porous oline.  Yes he missed a pass on the last drive, but he lots of pressure on the others. Teddy getting injured really hurt.

Last time I looked, football was a team sport

6 minutes ago, jamesbond said:

Why do you ignore the fact that he had two chances to win/tie the game at the end and he couldn't get it done. No one else made any mistakes on those drives. He fumbled after a first down run and then completely whiffed on the final 4 plays. 

Why do you ignore the fact that he threw for 291 yards and 3 scores, ran for 38 and a score, and brought us back from being down 0-13 and took the lead two separate times against one of the absolute best defense in the country? 

BTW, it wasn't a first down run - it was 3rd down. 

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, jamesbond said:

Okay, well how about on the final drive when he missed an open Allen on first down. Overthrew a receiver on second down. Then threw a yolo bomb on 4th down. Third down was a terrible play call and decision.

What about the miss block on the screen that would have put us in field goal range. I suppose that was his fault to.