Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but if Logan smothers doesn’t get meaningful snaps this season, we will need Adrian Martinez next year if we want to win more games. A slightly better offensive line with an untested qb learning the ropes might not move the needle at all.

This is actually what's giving me more concern about the program than anything else right now.

Our offensive line room is littered with four star, talented, huge-framed guys. They're not a good unit right now but they could be by the start of next season. But what does our QB situation look like?

34 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Time to stop patting our back for this “moral” victory. Move on to MSU 

Eh, I don't see moral victories as a thing either. But what is fair to point out are the positives of this WR group, the potential of these taller linemen if they keep eating their steak & eggs, and the improvements Martinez has made in keeping his eyes downfield and throwing strikes when we need it.

• Plus1 2

One thing that sucked about the INT was that Omar Manning wasn't on the field. I understand that's just how it goes with subbing & timing. But you had Falck & Toure basically running to the same basic spot on the field.

Obviously though we wound up scoring a TD exactly 3 minutes later and might have then won if we had just made our FGs.

48 minutes ago, Undone said:

Eh, I don't see moral victories as a thing either. But what is fair to point out are the positives of this WR group, the potential of these taller linemen if they keep eating their steak & eggs, and the improvements Martinez has made in keeping his eyes downfield and throwing strikes when we need it.

So what you’re  saying is when Frost puts the best receivers on the field Martinez plays better? 

this may be a Sherlock moment. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Undone said:

This is actually what's giving me more concern about the program than anything else right now.

Our offensive line room is littered with four star, talented, huge-framed guys. They're not a good unit right now but they could be by the start of next season. But what does our QB situation look like?

Honestly it could be the perfect scenario for both parties. If AM leads us to a bowl and continues playing at a 1st Team or 2nd Team All-Conf level, he goes out on top and gets his best shot at the NFL. Frost could use the momentum and stellar QB play to attract a transfer to compete with Smothers for the starting job. 

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Honestly it could be the perfect scenario for both parties. If AM leads us to a bowl and continues playing at a 1st Team or 2nd Team All-Conf level, he goes out on top and gets his best shot at the NFL. Frost could use the momentum and stellar QB play to attract a transfer to compete with Smothers for the starting job. 

I really don't think we need a transfer. Logan is going to be fun to watch, and we've got another guy right behind him who's pretty raw, but talented.

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There have been many conversations over the years with fans who think you should put in your backup QB for a series in the first half of about every game. 

It seemed like that was where the conversation was going in this thread. 

It’s not a bad idea to do in many of your games, but this was not one of them. 

• Plus1 1