What is the future of the Republican Party?

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The old fine people on both sides narrative of thinking Trump referenced NeoNazi’s with it 

I’m sorry, I’m confused.

Trump specifically mentioned the folks protesting the night before Charlottesville as including “fine people” and also some bad ones.

He was talking about the group with torches.

Again, what are you talking about here?

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, funhusker said:

Trump specifically mentioned the folks protesting the night before Charlottesville as including “fine people” and also some bad ones.

He was talking about the group with torches.

He was talking about people who were there protesting taking down the statues.  If you think he was talking about the people carrying the torches, you aren’t confused your insane and every fact checker has already fact checked this 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

At some point you have to stop trying to get people to say things you know they're never going to say.

At some point you need to quit lying to the rest of us about stuff fact checkers have all said is debunked.  We won’t hold our breaths. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

He was talking about people who were there protesting taking down the statues.  If you think he was talking about the people carrying the torches, you aren’t confused your insane and every fact checker has already fact checked this 

On the night of August 11th, 2017 the “protest” was made up of white nationalist groups welding torches.  That’s what started the whole thing. Yes, they were protesting taking down the statue. No one said they weren’t.  But they were chanting things like “Jews will not replace us!” And “blood and soil”.

Id like to see your “fact checks” because every article I’ve seen has pictures and clearly states how white supremacist groups organized at UV and marched to the Rotunda where police had to break things up.

I don’t feel that I’m insane.  But I guess insane people probably think those around them are insane.  Which one of us is the crazy one?

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

On the night of August 11th, 2017 the “protest” was made up of white nationalist groups welding torches.  That’s what started the whole thing. Yes, they were protesting taking down the statue. No one said they weren’t.  But they were chanting things like “Jews will not replace us!” And “blood and soil”.

Id like to see your “fact checks” because every article I’ve seen has pictures and clearly states how white supremacist groups organized at UV and marched to the Rotunda where police had to break things up.

I don’t feel that I’m insane.  But I guess insane people probably think those around them are insane.  Which one of us is the crazy one?

Well none other than Trump hating Jake Tapper disagrees with you.  

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/26/cnn-tapper-trump-white-supremacist-nazis/

I will take the time to find more and link them if you commit to reading them all and individually commenting.  Otherwise, you can do the same searching and find the same articles as I would and save me the time. 

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I will take the time to find more and link them if you commit to reading them all and individually commenting.  Otherwise, you can do the same searching and find the same articles as I would and save me the time. 

Fair point.

Thats the problem with mush mouths like Trump and why we shouldn’t let people who struggle to form coherent thoughts be President (before you go there, this conversation we’re having isn’t about Biden).

The evening before the big protests in Charlottesville white nationalists carried torches to the statue.  No one else, all very gross people.  The “fine” people showed up at the rally the next day.

In his interview Trump mentioned the protesters “from the night before” and a few minutes later, continuing the line of questioning, when the reporter reminded him the protest was started by white nationalists Trump went in to his “fine people on both sides” diatribe.  One can see how even though he might not have meant it, it doesn’t take a huge logical leap to believe he was referring to the torch wielding deplorables.

I guess I didn’t bother to spend to much time watching people break down what he meant.  I was just taking our tell it like it is POTUS’s words at face value.  That was my mistake.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It is so interesting watching you follow along a party line to change the view of an event that makes your party and the party’s leader look bad. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is so interesting watching you follow along a party line to change the view of an event that makes your party and the party’s leader look bad. 

Not sure what you are even saying here, but a former Democrat operative and current CNN anchor agrees with what I am saying and not you, so…..

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Not sure what you are even saying here, but a former Democrat operative and current CNN anchor agrees with what I am saying and not you, so…..

Does one person's opinions trump everything else?  I think not.  He's obviously welcome to his opinion.  It's interesting that you latch onto one person's opinion that happens to agree with you as proof.

But, that's typical when a party loyalist is trying to validate what the party is saying.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Does one person's opinions trump everything else?  I think not.  He's obviously welcome to his opinion.  It's interesting that you latch onto one person's opinion that happens to agree with you as proof.

But, that's typical when a party loyalist is trying to validate what the party is saying.

All you have to do is search and you will find many many more fact checks and news articles saying the same thing as me and Jake Tapper.  Just requires you to have an open mind when looking instead of trying to be a contrarian just for the sake of being a contrarian in order to make a point that isn’t valid. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is the guy they want for president in 2024. 

Think about that.

FDIBZ2zUUAA6DGU?format=jpg&name=orig

i may be wrong...but didn't he tell them he was proud of them and to remember all the great things they had done that day when he told them to go home?

looked it up

“We have to have peace, so go home. We love you, you’re very special,”

• Plus1 1