What is the future of the Republican Party?

40 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

There it is.  All the cray-cray your heart desires right at your finger tips.  It seems the future of the Republican Party is healthy and that too of the country.  

Good times ahead

If this keeps going, I fear to see the type of America my grandkids will live in 30 years from now when I'm gone.   Years ago, I was fearful of Communism taking over our country.  The left was the enemy at the gate - wolf is sheep clothing - of course all apart of the far right fear tactics that have been perfected over the last few years.  If ever this country falls into a dictatorship, it is clear to me it will be a right wing one and not a left wing one. 

• Plus1 3
31 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If this keeps going, I fear to see the type of America my grandkids will live in 30 years from now when I'm gone.   Years ago, I was fearful of Communism taking over our country.  The left was the enemy at the gate - wolf is sheep clothing - of course all apart of the far right fear tactics that have been perfected over the last few years.  If ever this country falls into a dictatorship, it is clear to me it will be a right wing one and not a left wing one. 

But, I'm told the Marjorie Taylor-Greene types aren't the future of the party.  

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, I'm told the Marjorie Taylor-Greene types aren't the future of the party.  

Neither was Trump prior to 2016.  There is no national GOP personality who can oppose  Trump or a trump like person in the GOP.  If Trump isn't a candidate in 2024 then it will be a Trump clone.  And all of the want-a-be trump clones will try to 'out trump' the others to get the nomination.  Thus we have insane Greene, Bobblehead Boebert, child predator Gatz, grandstanding Gohmert and  others trying to claim Trump's mantel as the rightful heir and receive the golden touch from his wizardly wand..  Gov Desantis, Senators Cruz & Cotton will move more to the right as the election comes nearer.  Fly on the head Pence is still trying to figure out why he hitched his wagon to Trump in 2016 and didn't get off the ticket when the access hollywood tapes came out. 

Liz Cheney and Gov Hogan of Maryland appear to be the only marginally national GOP personalities that are standing up and opposing trump. 

The problem is that the Dems decided to go full bore left with the Biden policies and that will become campaign fodder during the 2022 congressional elections. and also for whatever bat crazy GOPer wins the 2024 nomination.    If the GOP wins back the House and the Senate as I expect them to do, 2024 could set up to be a bloodbath if the Dems stick with tired Uncle Joe or worse if it is Harris. Then we will see real revenge legislation and policies being enacted.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If the GOP wins back the House and the Senate as I expect them to do, 2024 could set up to be a bloodbath if the Dems stick with tired Uncle Joe or worse if it is Harris. Then we will see real revenge legislation and policies being enacted. 

And by the way, if the Dems nominate Hillary this time around - I'll gladly vote for her over any Trumpian candidate because the stakes will be to high to vote for a 3rd party candidate even in GOP red Oklahoma.  

27 minutes ago, commando said:

kyle rittenhouse...famous and a far right hero  because he killed 2 people.    

He is getting bad advice.  Should have followed the Sandman model, lay low sit back and wait for the lawsuits to finish, cash in tens of millions and live out your life in luxury.  

by the way, many people are treated as “heros or better worded famous” because they killed bad people. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He is getting bad advice.  Should have followed the Sandman model, lay low sit back and wait for the lawsuits to finish, cash in tens of millions and live out your life in luxury.  

by the way, many people are treated as “heros or better worded famous” because they killed bad people. 

Can provide an example closely resembling Rittenhouse's situation that should justify labeling that individual as a hero?

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

he is being treated like a rock star by the far right.   you would think he is Audie Murphy the way he is idolized by that group.      

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

They aren’t.  

They are as the Turning Point carnival show laid bare.  Take your pick from the crazies there but they are your party now despite you're repeated attempts to deny it.  I can understand you're unwillingness to come to terms with that fact.  It's gotta sting. 

• Plus1 3