What is the future of the Republican Party?

6 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Then here's more for your viewing enjoyment.

Are we not going to discuss the fact that that is an ad FOR guns.  Holy smokes, I would have assumed it a commercial pointing out America illness with guns.

I guess it kind of is though.  As a 2A supporter, I find it harder and harder to align myself with these dopes.  

• Plus1 6

Other than the rolling in the wheelchair to shoot and the propping up of a paralyzed man somehow to shoot I really found the woman in the bandage dress and heels trying out the big bad boy gun and having someone have to hold her so she didnt knock herself over entertaining.

Seriously - it is a sickness.  Why are all the people putting multiple guns in their families' hands for their holiday photos?  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I am not a gun guy, but for those of you that are, is it that it is just fun/cool to own them?  

Well, most of the black community owns them, keep them in the car, and in they cribb.  Minorities that are the majority of warehouse workers all got them.  I know this first hand.  The music industry even raps about guns.  But yeah, the black community don't usually vote republican.  And they all got guns.

However, when the concept of guns comes up. some on this board will try to make you think it means "white republicans, muh freedom, merica, bang bang, USA".

It's really funny seeing some of the posters throw that mantra out there year after year after year.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, admo said:

Well, most of the black community owns them, keep them in the car, and in they cribb.  Minorities that are the majority of warehouse workers all got them.  I know this first hand.  The music industry even raps about guns.  But yeah, the black community don't usually vote republican.  And they all got guns.

However, when the concept of guns comes up. some on this board will try to make you think it means "white republicans, muh freedom, merica, bang bang, USA".

It's really funny seeing some of the posters throw that mantra out there year after year after year.

Owning guns isn't a problem in my eyes. Hell, owning several isn't an issue for me.  Whether it be for hunting, self defense, or even just target shooting for fun.  I think a lot of people would be surprised at the amount of Dem voters that own guns (you kind of eluded to that yourself).

What I think is unhealthy is our countries "infatuation" with them.  That goes for our "white Republican leaders" or "minority everyday joe".  What's funny is that the same white govt officials posing for Christmas cards with guns are very likely to call young black men singing about guns and/or posting with guns on social media a bunch of thugs.  

I fully support truck drivers having a gun in their truck.  I fully support a gun in the house to protect the family.  I fully support the right to own a gun to hunt.  I can even support owning guns for a "collection".  But my "worry" is that the gun culture in America is going to come to a breaking point where enough people are just going to say "screw it!  Let's just get rid of them all..."  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, admo said:

Well this made me raise my eyebrows.  

Most is a bold statement and just not true.  Perhaps if your only exposure to people of color is rap videos and warehouses that can be said I guess, don't know.

But it is true that Men own the most guns, white men own the most guns, men in the south own the most guns, and men without college degrees or who are college drop outs own the most guns.

1825871353_ScreenShot2021-12-29at8_22_01AM.thumb.png.91be24792d7273d539547e183e498c1c.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2017/06/22/the-demographics-of-gun-ownership/

And GOP voters have a pretty impressive level of ownership vs democratic voters and a pretty good amount vs. independents.

1487925967_ScreenShot2021-12-29at8_23_42AM.thumb.png.46a4b80b5008a0c5a0dffda2e41de829.png

So you can call it mantra, I call it facts.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
9 hours ago, admo said:

What in the world was that I just read?  I gave to assume you had a few drinks last night. 

The fact is, the vast majority of gun rights advertising and propaganda is geared towards white republicans. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
15 hours ago, funhusker said:

Are we not going to discuss the fact that that is an ad FOR guns.  Holy smokes, I would have assumed it a commercial pointing out America illness with guns.

I guess it kind of is though.  As a 2A supporter, I find it harder and harder to align myself with these dopes.  

This is a prime example of what is do wrong with politics in America. This ad has one purpose and that’s to get the base all foaming at the mouth. It makes no attempt to appeal to someone not strong in the bare.  In fact, the fact it might trigger libs makes the ad even stronger. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Owning guns isn't a problem in my eyes. Hell, owning several isn't an issue for me.  Whether it be for hunting, self defense, or even just target shooting for fun.  I think a lot of people would be surprised at the amount of Dem voters that own guns (you kind of eluded to that yourself).

What I think is unhealthy is our countries "infatuation" with them.  That goes for our "white Republican leaders" or "minority everyday joe".  What's funny is that the same white govt officials posing for Christmas cards with guns are very likely to call young black men singing about guns and/or posting with guns on social media a bunch of thugs.  

I fully support truck drivers having a gun in their truck.  I fully support a gun in the house to protect the family.  I fully support the right to own a gun to hunt.  I can even support owning guns for a "collection".  But my "worry" is that the gun culture in America is going to come to a breaking point where enough people are just going to say "screw it!  Let's just get rid of them all..."  

Well said, I completely agree

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What in the world was that I just read?  I gave to assume you had a few drinks last night. 

The fact is, the vast majority of gun rights advertising and propaganda is geared towards white republicans. 

Oh I agree, they def do

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am not a gun guy, but for those of you that are, is it that it is just fun/cool to own them?  

I got my wife firearm training last year for Christmas. She had never shot before.  She loved it. She has been bugging me ever since to have date nights at the firing range. I can honestly say I was a bit shocked. I figured she would fall on the side of hoping to never have to use it. She brought her target home with her too. She is very accurate. I myself am just not that into it. I prefer athletic hobbies. 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, nic said:

I got my wife firearm training last year for Christmas. She had never shot before.  She loved it. She has been bugging me ever since to have date nights at the firing range. I can honestly say I was a bit shocked. I figured she would fall on the side of hoping to never have to use it. She brought her target home with her too. She is very accurate. I myself am just not that into it. I prefer athletic hobbies. 

Does she like you???:ohnoes:ahhhhhhhh

• Haha 3