What is the future of the Republican Party?

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Zero pushback against the Gaetzes and Boeberts from our Republican friend there. Just popped in to celebrate Hispanic polling and poof! gone. 

Tacit approval may as well be support. The end result is the same. 

Haven’t heard much about Gaetzes lately. I think he is a scumbag, but it’s up to his district to vote him out. Unfortunately no one will probably run against him in the primaries. Boeberts is the rep from Colorado that called Omar a terrorist, right? I believe she has done it more than once, which would make me believe she prejudice against Muslims. Again, hopefully, she gets a primary challenger and replaced. Doubtful though. As for Omar, I believe she is prejudice against Jews. It would be good to clean house. If I had my choice I would remove MTG, the above, along with The Chinese spy dude and Talib. Oh heck let’s just start over. More names keep popping to mind. Some are in leadership. How about term limits?

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, nic said:

Haven’t heard much about Gaetzes lately. I think he is a scumbag, but it’s up to his district to vote him out. Unfortunately no one will probably run against him in the primaries. Boeberts is the rep from Colorado that called Omar a terrorist, right? I believe she has done it more than once, which would make me believe she prejudice against Muslims. Again, hopefully, she gets a primary challenger and replaced. Doubtful though. As for Omar, I believe she is prejudice against Jews. It would be good to clean house. If I had my choice I would remove MTG, the above, along with The Chinese spy dude and Talib. Oh heck let’s just start over. More names keep popping to mind. Some are in leadership. How about term limits?

I know as a voter not in these people's districts, I don't have any power over if they stay in congress or not.  however, @knapplc's comment can also be said on push back from their party leaders.  Those people DO have power within the party and have some power as to who runs and who is challenged or supported.  When someone in congress makes comments like some of these idiots have made, leadership needs to stand up to that.  It's pathetic that they don't.  The reason they don't is because they still love having them there so their party has more power.  They also don't want to piss off the voters in those districts.  But....sometimes that's what leaders have to do.

• Plus1 3
On 12/15/2021 at 10:10 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Oh, you poor piece of crap.  

did anyone ask him what the lie was?  he did oppose aid to other states and now wants aid for his.    seems to be truthful to me.  if anyone is being dishonest it is rand paul calling it a lie.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....promoting violence?

My question is what do these folks in positions of power have to gain if there is a "civil war"?  I mean if the US actually were to devolve to widespread political violence it would essentially be the end of America.  Is that a wise investment for anyone?

It seems that currently people like Trump Jr. don't have any faith in the EU or any current allies.  So does that mean they'd align with Russia or China if Europe decided to get involved?  That sounds horrible.

In the end, a few crazies are going to kill each other and hopefully don't take down any innocent bystanders.  But if everyone stepped back and took a deep breath, most would agree that life here is pretty dang good and no "change" is worth dying over.

What a bunch of idiots!

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

My question is what do these folks in positions of power have to gain if there is a "civil war"?  I mean if the US actually were to devolve to widespread political violence it would essentially be the end of America.  Is that a wise investment for anyone?

It seems that currently people like Trump Jr. don't have any faith in the EU or any current allies.  So does that mean they'd align with Russia or China if Europe decided to get involved?  That sounds horrible.

In the end, a few crazies are going to kill each other and hopefully don't take down any innocent bystanders.  But if everyone stepped back and took a deep breath, most would agree that life here is pretty dang good and no "change" is worth dying over.

What a bunch of idiots!

What I find interesting is that here, he's promoting violence.  But, when their followers stormed the capital, he was privately begging his dad to stop it.

So, what do they have to gain by promoting violence in public, but concerned privately when it really happens?

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What I find interesting is that here, he's promoting violence.  But, when their followers stormed the capital, he was privately begging his dad to stop it.

So, what do they have to gain by promoting violence in public, but concerned privately when it really happens?

My guess is waking up a base to vote.

There is a reason that Trump got more votes than any GOP candidate in history.  They pander to a group of people that were never involved in politics before.  I've stated on here before, my brother turned 50 this past fall.  Trump is the first and only person he's ever voted for.  I had no idea by brothers leanings (he was always small town "fun guy" that told off color jokes) but leading up to 2016 he became hard core conservative.  I can only think of one variable...

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's a scam to make money on fund raising. Get the rubes to send money because of whatever ridiculous thing is the current right-wing pearl-clutching. Actual violence could be very bad for them though as funhusker said.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

It's a scam to make money on fund raising. Get the rubes to send money because of whatever ridiculous thing is the current right-wing pearl-clutching. Actual violence could be very bad for them though as funhusker said.

Fund raising so the money can be funneled to the Trump family for their benefit.

Before anyone is appalled with that statement.  See the fact that the Republican Party is paying for Trump's legal fees.

• Plus1 1