What is the future of the Republican Party?

7 minutes ago, commando said:

you compared him to others who have been called heros because they killed bad guys.   

I actually said “hero’s or better worded famous”.  Meaning someone else used the word hero’s, they aren’t hero’s but they are quite famous for the TV coverage of their circumstances.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

They aren’t.  

I haven't skimmed a lot of your posts, so I don't know if you have answered this.  Who is the future of the GOP?   Before Trump's bat-ish crazy train, I was thinking someone like Dan Crenshaw, but now he seems almost too centrist for the GOP.  

• Plus1 3

A really interesting article on the players in the Republican Party.  Kind of points out that Trump and his supporters don't give a flying rats a$$ about who supports his policies.  They only care about who supports him personally.  This goes to show how the current Republican leadership doesn't give a flying rip about conservative issues.  They only care about protecting Trump.  Kinsinger?  Oh.....what a horrible Republican.

Crenshaw is catching a lot of crap for pointing this out.  But...the voters for Trump don't give a crap.  If you criticize Trump....you're obviously deplorable. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/07/politics/dan-crenshaw-house-freedom-caucus/index.html

In the 115th Congress, Kinzinger, that scourge of all Trumpists, voted in line with the Trump position 99% of the time. That put him in a tie for the 2nd most Trump-y voting record in the House over those two years.
And some of the least supportive members of the Trump agenda over that same time were, in fact, members of the Freedom Caucus. There was Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs, who backed the Trump position just 72.9% of the time. And fellow Arizona Rep. Paul Gosar, who was with Trump only 77.8% of the time. And Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert (80.4%). And Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz (81.1%). And Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks (83.7%). And South Carolina Rep. Ralph Norman (83.9%). And even Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan (85.1%).
(For his part, Crenshaw wasn't in the 115th Congress under GOP control. When he got elected and served in the back half of the Trump presidency in the House GOP minority, he voted with Trump 90.8% of the time, according to FiveThirtyEight.)

Oh...and that horrible pathetic human being that pretends to be a Republican but dares to criticize Trump so she needs to be stripped of her leadership roll?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/05/06/whos-more-loyal-cheney-voted-more-with-trump-than-possible-successor-stefanik/?sh=6d2528d432e1

From 2017-2021, Cheney voted in line with Trump’s position 92.9% of the time, according to FiveThirtyEight’s tracker, while Stefanik voted with the former president just 77.7% of the time.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

He shouldn’t be labeled a hero nor have I said he should. 

I never said you did. You said there are examples of folks who have been seen as heroes for killing people. I responded to your statement in curiosity on whether you knew of examples similar to Rittenhouse that would justify such a label. 

• Plus1 5
33 minutes ago, sho said:

I haven't skimmed a lot of your posts, so I don't know if you have answered this.  Who is the future of the GOP?   Before Trump's bat-ish crazy train, I was thinking someone like Dan Crenshaw, but now he seems almost too centrist for the GOP.  

No problem and thanks for asking.  

I think Ron DeSantis Hans future in national politics if he chooses.  I wish John James lived in a different state, he would make a great Senator.  I wish Jerry Moran would get more publicity because he makes for a great Senator and I believe would be a great Pres candidate but he would never run.  

35 minutes ago, sho said:

I’m a big fan of Tim Scott

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No problem and thanks for asking.  

I think Ron DeSantis Hans future in national politics if he chooses.  I wish John James lived in a different state, he would make a great Senator.  I wish Jerry Moran would get more publicity because he makes for a great Senator and I believe would be a great Pres candidate but he would never run.  

I’m a big fan of Tim Scott

My issue with what you are saying is leaders of the future will grow in the current spotlight of the party.  The spotlight is moving further and further to the extremes of the party.   I'm not sure how James, Moran or Scott will become the future leaders of the GOP when the entire GOP seems to be focused on the MTG, Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert etc.   Without the spotlight and publicity, I just can't see them getting enough clout to be the future of the party.  I like who you mentioned, I just think they are getting run over by the Trump crazy train and the leaders will come from who is riding that train.   I hope you are right with your suggestions, I just fear that's not where the GOP is going.

• Plus1 4

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, as long as this guy is the hero and leader of the party, logical conservatism is dead. 

It's been dead ever since the evangelicals got their claws into the rank and file of the party. It's been a slow, agonizing death by willful ignorance and stupidity. 

Look at the platforms of Eisenhower compared to what we're trying to get done today. Ike would be branded a pinko commie bastard. 

• Plus1 4