What is the future of the Republican Party?

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So why can’t you acknowledge in your original post, that Chuck likely voted against the bill because of the other things in it instead of being disingenuous about his reasoning?    

OMG...I'm so sorry I didn't acknowledge and post things exactly how you wish.....I'll always try to do better next time.  I'm so ashamed.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OMG...I'm so sorry I didn't acknowledge and post things exactly how you wish.....I'll always try to do better next time.  I'm so ashamed.

Do whatever you wish, but Snark doesn’t really help answer the question:dunno

So, would you vote for a bill I described?  Simple question. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Do whatever you wish, but Snark doesn’t really help answer the question:dunno

So, would you vote for a bill I described?  Simple question. 

It's not a simple question.  It depends on how bad the other issues are and how much I want the one thing I support.

As it turns out, the bill was actually a good bill and should have been supported.  

And...sorry....the snark was because your question to me was pretty stupid.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's not a simple question.  It depends on how bad the other issues are and how much I want the one thing I support.

As it turns out, the bill was actually a good bill and should have been supported.  

And...sorry....the snark was because your question to me was pretty stupid.

Have you read the supporting documents I posted about the Medicare drug portion?   Have you read how the bill will not reduce inflation?  

Just because you don’t want to answer the question doesn’t make it stupid.   It generally means it’s a good question when you don’t want to answer it knowing the answer dismisses your previous point.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Have you read the supporting documents I posted about the Medicare drug portion?   Have you read how the bill will not reduce inflation?  

Just because you don’t want to answer the question doesn’t make it stupid.   It generally means it’s a good question when you don’t want to answer it knowing the answer dismisses your previous point.  

No, it was a friggen stupid question.  I answered it.  Never have I indicated that I didn't want to answer it.  Just because...OMG...I didn't answer it in the first post.....

And, as per our previous conversations, I agree with you the name on the bill was wrong.  It should have been something so much better like..."Make America Great Again Bill".  So, there is no answer to your inflation question.

I'll have to read your Medicare drug articles.  I beleive the bill allows Medicare to negotiate lower prices on drugs.  If you have a problem with that, then we disagree.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

@Archy1221  OK, I went back and read it.

I support giving Medicare more power to lower what they pay for drugs.  That power should be given to everyone.  But, pharma lobbyists are too good to let that happen.  But, at least it's a start.

If big pharma doesn't like this, then they shouldn't be ripping the American public off so bad and fixed this problem on their own.

It's interesting when so many other countries can negotiate lower prices for the same drugs.  But, when America tries to put in place that ability....oh my....it's just going to be horrible for the entire industry and we aren't going to be able to develop more drugs and we are going to have to actually sell for higher prices...bla bla bla.....

I'm sick and tired of the medical field crying every time something comes up to try to force them to not rip us off so much.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Archy1221  OK, I went back and read it.

I support giving Medicare more power to lower what they pay for drugs.  That power should be given to everyone.  But, pharma lobbyists are too good to let that happen.  But, at least it's a start.

If big pharma doesn't like this, then they shouldn't be ripping the American public off so bad and fixed this problem on their own.

It's interesting when so many other countries can negotiate lower prices for the same drugs.  But, when America tries to put in place that ability....oh my....it's just going to be horrible for the entire industry and we aren't going to be able to develop more drugs and we are going to have to actually sell for higher prices...bla bla bla.....

I'm sick and tired of the medical field crying every time something comes up to try to force them to not rip us off so much.

This ^^^

Every frikken time reigning in what big pharma is charging us comes up the Rs start the song and dance about R&D costs and less invention. But the rest of the world pays pennies on the dollar compared to us for the exact same Rx from the exact same pharma companies. And other countries have many more choices for even less costly generics that we can’t get because the FDA and our government is protecting big pharma profits. Recovering R&D costs is a tired BS excuse to keep bending us over.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

20 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

@Archy1221

These Republicans are no longer on the fringe. These are the core people and attitudes in the R party today. If you disagree with them and denounce them (which you should) you cannot continue to support the R party. So which is it, denounce them and then actually mean it by stopping your support or just pay lip service to how this isn’t good but continue enabling them?

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

@Archy1221

These Republicans are no longer on the fringe. These are the core people and attitudes in the R party today. If you disagree with them and denounce them (which you should) you cannot continue to support the R party. So which is it, denounce them and then actually mean it by stopping your support or just pay lip service to how this isn’t good but continue enabling them?

I don’t support The Palidino guy nor even know who he is:dunno.  Please let me know how I’m “enabling” a NY state house candidate :blink:

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1