What is the future of the Republican Party?

I believe this country needs a strong conservative party. It gets harder and harder for me to make this argument to my friends when everything we see from the "conservative" party is a blatant rejection of conservative values. They ate another one of their own tonight for upholding conservative values.

I hope some day that party figures out a way to rid themselves of the cult that has taken over and burnt down any remaining principles they had.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

Why was I expecting to see a snake oil ad banner would be playing at the bottom of that video?   Can you imagine Walker in the 'esteemed "Upper" Chamber' of Congress.

That isn't a racist statement but one in viewing him as a candidate and hearing him talk.  If Trump's speaking skills are at a 5th grade level, Walkers is at 2nd grade??

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Why was I expecting to see a snake oil ad banner would be playing at the bottom of that video?   Can you imagine Walker in the 'esteemed "Upper" Chamber' of Congress.

That isn't a racist statement but one in viewing him as a candidate and hearing him talk.  If Trump's speaking skills are at a 5th grade level, Walkers is at 2nd grade??

Do people honestly think Walker is going to be able to understand the bills he's voting for?

Well.....I guess it is the party that has put people like MTG there.  So....I shouldn't ask them.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, knapplc said:

Perfect time to start a new 3rd party.    Liz, Romney, Hogan, McMullen, Kinzinger,  (to name a few) and all of the other now disenfranchised GOPers/never trumpers + disenchanted Dems who don't care for the leftward tilt of the party.   Center left to Center right.  Let the GOP implode with Trump and Desantis.  Let them dig their own hole filled with real nut jobs, conspirators and conspiracy theorists. I'm tired of calling that party filled with revolutionaries & simpletons like Hershel Walker, MTG, Bobert, Gatz, etc     a "national party'.   While I don't mind being labeled an independent it would be nice to have a party I can identify with philosophically.  The GOP lost me a long time ago. 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do people honestly think Walker is going to be able to understand the bills he's voting for?

Well.....I guess it is the party that has put people like MTG there.  So....I shouldn't ask them.

Rhetorical question indeed. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess the old argument of "They gave us the bill and didn't give us time to read it all" is out the window because 'ol Herschel won't be able to read it anyway.

Yes, and trump never read his Confidential Security Briefings ....... just took them wt him when he left .   They both don't like to read.