What is the future of the Republican Party?

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

For the ethics board to say that she "may have" engaged in misconduct is highly representative of how broken state government is in SD. She has blatantly overstepped her bounds, but the party controlling every facet of the state government refuses to hold one of its own accountable.

See: State AG running a man down with his car and trying to cover it up in September 2020, wasn't removed from office until June 2022, was only removed by the absolute minimum number of votes in both the house and senate, and only after he finally announced he wouldn't be running for re-election this November.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, mrandyk said:

For the ethics board to say that she "may have" engaged in misconduct is highly representative of how broken state government is in SD. She has blatantly overstepped her bounds, but the party controlling every facet of the state government refuses to hold one of its own accountable.

See: State AG running a man down with his car and trying to cover it up in September 2020, wasn't removed from office until June 2022, was only removed by the absolute minimum number of votes in both the house and senate, and only after he finally announced he wouldn't be running for re-election this November.

Holy s#!t I remember that case. The reporting on it made it very clear what happened and there wasn't any ambiguity.

It's insane that the government moves so damn slow you can kill a guy and it takes nearly two years and basically you choosing to leave to face any accountability. Even then, with all that being the case, can you really call that accountability?

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Holy s#!t I remember that case. The reporting on it made it very clear what happened and there wasn't any ambiguity.

It's insane that the government moves so damn slow you can kill a guy and it takes nearly two years and basically you choosing to leave to face any accountability. Even then, with all that being the case, can you really call that accountability?

No ambiguity at all. The facts were clear and no one argued them. Any regular citizen would have been jailed promptly. The AG ran a man down while playing on his phone. This man was carrying a working flashlight and had his head go through the windshield of the car, leaving his glasses in the car, and the AG states that he saw none of it. The AG conveniently discovered the man's body the next morning. He saw no jail, was fined $1,000 and charged with careless driving, driving outside his lane, and using his cell phone while driving. Justice.

Everyone wanted him removed too. I never witnessed any debate amongst the general public, and the local media focused on it frequently. Everyone was griping constantly about the AG remaining in his position. Noem wanted him gone too and publicly leaked information on the case that she had no right to do (which I believe resulted in the AG being petty and starting the previously mentioned ethics complaint).

The whole thing was mind boggling. I honestly thought he was going to remain in office until term. Then the legislature got two-thirds of a spine once he said he wouldn't seek re-election.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Kind of like someone who shot someone else but they only pulled the trigger for just a second.

Kind of like if a really really hot 30 year old woman whispered in my ear naughty things she wants to do to me...then my wife accused me of having sex with her....Nope....I only lasted one second.

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kind of like if a really really hot 30 year old woman whispered in my ear naughty things she wants to do to me...then my wife accused me of having sex with her....Nope....I only lasted one second.

That sounds like a problem that can fixed with modern medicine.  

• Oh Yeah! 2