What is the future of the Republican Party?

19 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Holy Mother of God, they're not even hiding it anymore. 

Oh well, America gets what it deserves. If Republican voters are moronic enough to vote for this - and all indications suggest that they indeed are - then we deserve what's coming to us.

I disagree. I don't think the rest of us deserve to watch the country circle the toilet preparing to be sucked down the drain because one of our two major parties collectively decided to lose it's damn mind, either being incapable of or willfully forfeiting critical thought, and decided to cozy up to fascism out of spite and fear. 

MAGA, as a movement, needs snuffed out, so the people it has ensnared can return to living semi-normal lives not fueled by a constant stream of anger and resentment.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I disagree. I don't think the rest of us deserve to watch the country circle the toilet preparing to be sucked down the drain because one of our two major parties collectively decided to lose it's damn mind, either being incapable of or willfully forfeiting critical thought, and decided to cozy up to fascism out of spite and fear. 

MAGA, as a movement, needs snuffed out, so the people it has ensnared can return to living semi-normal lives not fueled by a constant stream of anger and resentment.

All the more reason why we need to vote the Dems back in even if a person normally votes for more moderate GOP candidates. Policy can be corrected later if needed but voting in authoritarian candidates could set us down the road of no return 

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

We agree to disagree.

If a horde of Trumpers are this easily brainwashed, outright rejecting many actual problems our country faces and substitutes imaginary ones instead, then we absolutely get what we deserve. 

Currently, the median voter ranks gas prices - completely out of the control of the President - as a bigger concern than MAGA Republicans (despite having the lower prices than all of Europe and developed Asian countries). So, yes, if they walk into a voting booth in two months and elect MAGA we absolutely deserve it. 

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Currently, the median voter ranks gas prices - completely out of the control of the President - as a bigger concern than MAGA Republicans (despite having the lower prices than all of Europe and developed Asian countries). So, yes, if they walk into a voting booth in two months and elect MAGA we absolutely deserve it. 

The media is a large contributor to this problem. "Pain at the Pump" is an eye-catching headline. "Gas Prices are OK" doesn't catch eyeballs, so you don't see those articles.