Insurrection fallout

So trumps truth social doesn’t like the truth   I am so surprised ;)

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/trumps-truth-social-is-banning-users-who-post-about-jan-6-hearings-according-to-reports-1235290726/

The irony is rich: Truth Social, Donald Trump’s Twitter copycat claiming it is “free from political discrimination,” has reportedly banned users who posted information from Thursday’s congressional hearing on the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol — in which the former president is a key focus.

That’s according to several posts on Twitter by users who claimed Truth Social was censoring them. Reps for Trump Media & Technology Group, which owns and operates Truth Social, did not respond to a request for comment.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, TGHusker said:

So trumps truth social doesn’t like the truth   I am so surprised ;)

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/trumps-truth-social-is-banning-users-who-post-about-jan-6-hearings-according-to-reports-1235290726/

The irony is rich: Truth Social, Donald Trump’s Twitter copycat claiming it is “free from political discrimination,” has reportedly banned users who posted information from Thursday’s congressional hearing on the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol — in which the former president is a key focus.

That’s according to several posts on Twitter by users who claimed Truth Social was censoring them. Reps for Trump Media & Technology Group, which owns and operates Truth Social, did not respond to a request for comment.

I find this absolutely hilarious.  All these right wing idiots that were outraged by other social media outlets banning various users because of content....so Trump rushes off and creates this platform so that doesn't happen. The idiots go and join thinking they are getting the REAL truth.....only to now see this when someone posts things that make Trump look bad.

It also highlights how scared Trump is of these hearings.  

What is amazing to watch though is, that these same idiots will cheer on this platform doing this.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It also highlights how scared Trump is of these hearings.  

What is amazing to watch though is, that these same idiots will cheer on this platform doing this.

And these idiots will be the ones starting the civil war once the Jan 6 committee hands over all of their evidence to the AG and he files charges against trump. 

35 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who could have seen this coming? This is so utterly out of character for the cheeto.

Proves that his followers are all fools.   "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"      But we knew that.   I can understand someone voting for Trump in 2016 as an anti-clinton vote and in hopes that the office would transform trump - Mature him and moderate him.  But in 2020 there was no excuse - Trump was truly Trump - clear as can be he was the reprobate his reputation showed him to be prior to 2016.  Post Election 2020 and especially  post Jan 6, it is willful ignorance for anyone to support trump.  One can only conclude they are indeed fools at best and co-conspirators (in spirit if not actual action) at worst.    

• Plus1 2

So, they are answering one question.  Were there people telling Trump his voter fraud idea was BS?  That is clearly, YES.  So, he has chosen to go a different direction, ignore the fact that he actually lost the election and instead, attack our form of government for his own personal gain.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who could have seen this coming? This is so utterly out of character for the cheeto.

Again, I really, really wish these Congressional hearings would expand to cover stuff like this as well as Trump leaning on the Secretaries of State to find him votes after the fact by any means possible. It paints a much bigger picture and makes it really difficult to excuse Jan. 6 as a a "dust-up" of high-spirited patriots when it's both a betrayal of democracy and a direct con job on his loyalists. Loyalists -- it's worth pointing out -- that Trump would throw under the bus in a second.

• Plus1 1

This was the Republican strategy from the beginning.  Put someone up who is the worst candidate.  Then, complain that it's all false and political when the results are shown to the public.  They knew this was going to be really really bad for Republicans and this was the only way to combat it to their base.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, they are answering one question.  Were there people telling Trump his voter fraud idea was BS?  That is clearly, YES.  So, he has chosen to go a different direction, ignore the fact that he actually lost the election and instead, attack our form of government for his own personal gain.

They are slowly, methodically building a case and tightening the noose.  There is no question that this was a planned insurrection, coup, and clearly words like treason and sedition can be  used to describe his activity.  

• Plus1 2