Insurrection fallout

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Technically yes. But, the Republicans had a chance to play a bigger part in the committee and they chose to do what they did. 

Now, if they have a counter argument, fine, let’s hear it.  But, it better be something better that My Pillow Guy. 

Well they knew they didn't have a case to make, and couldn't envision anyone they would subject to testimony and questioning. So they just stand off to the side and call everything a witch hunt. So far it's worked incredibly well. 

• Plus1 1

This is another reason for the audience to be the American public.  There are a number of people running for office like her that have built their entire campaigns around the Big Lie.  People need to know the truth before they go to the polls for these people.  Will it help?  Hopefully at least a little.  The ones that have gone far enough down the rabbit hole are probably too far gone.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

ACLED found that the overwhelming majority of the more than 9.000 Black Lives Matter demonstrations that took place across the US after the killing of George Floyd have been peaceful. News reports at the height of demonstrations over Floyd’s killing cited dozens of deaths in connection with protests, but many of those turned out to be examples of deadly crimes carried out in the vicinity of protests, rather than directly related to the demonstrations themselves, the researchers concluded

Well that certainly is an interesting spin on things I will give you that :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Sadly, same. My expectations are exceedingly low.

My expectation are that Republicans see the hearings and say to themselves "that's exactly what I want from my Republican politicians" and then vote for them.

There is absolutely nothing that can be done to change their mind. Let's hope liberal democracy survives in Europe or the Chinese Capitalist-Authoritarian model can solves the world's many problems. 

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well that certainly is an interesting spin on things I will give you that :facepalm:

It's an organization that clearly went to the trouble of monitoring and quantifying the events of that summer. They had no problem citing examples of left-wing violence, but they also saw fit to separate protests from looting, typically done by different people for different reasons. 

From the very top they noted the complexity of the situation. If that's spin, what's the reality and where did you get it? 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

James Scurlock, a Black Lives Matter protester with an infant daughter, was shot to death in Omaha in May after a confrontation with a white bar owner outside the man’s bar.

I do appreciate someone taking the time to do this summary and include what appear to be links for those looking for more information.  This case here is the only one of the examples I'm familiar with and unfortunately is somewhat misleading and potentially biased summary of what actually happened.  For example, why did they feel the need to mention the bar owner was white and Mr Scurlock had an infant daughter?  To make Mr Scurlock seem like the victim?? It might appear that way.  Many people, including the county attorney agree that the bar owner was justified and lawfully defending himself in this tragic event.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1