Insurrection fallout

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Doesn't that seem like a lenient sentence? 

You attack 6 cops and you get 5 years?  Shouldn't it be like 5 years per attack?

He will get the rest of 'his sentence' while in prison.  :cop:

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He will get the rest of 'his sentence' while in prison.  :cop:

I was just reading about a guy with bad charges (hurting kids) and shocking...he made it about a year until he was killed.  I guess they just could not revive him once they finally found him!  Hahaha

I know we have the "prison is bad and executions are bad" crowd but all I can say is...good riddance.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

Liz states it clearly. Stefanik is a crackpot. That is what one becomes when they give into the cult leaders

demands.  She is seeking the VP spot and the cracker she is, the better her chances. 

Just amazing that Stefanik replaced LIz as 3rd in command of the House GOP.  

“This is truly a tragic day for America,” declared Stefanik at the time. “I fully condemn the dangerous violence and destruction that occurred today at the United States Capitol. Americans have a Constitutional right to protest and freedom of speech, but violence in any form is absolutely unacceptable and anti-American. The perpetrators of this un-American violence and destruction must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. My staff and I are safe. We pray that my colleagues on both sides of the aisle, their staffs, and all Americans across the country remain safe. Thank you to the United States Capitol Police, all law enforcement, the National Guard, and the bipartisan professional staff of the United States Capitol for protecting the People’s House and the American people.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/liz-cheney-goes-nuclear-on-crackpot-elise-stefanik-reminds-her-of-original-reaction-to-january-6/ar-BB1h8VJO?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=800eec1401c241cb9f6281282ecfd83e&ei=14

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Some interesting nuggets in this questioning.   And why is it usually the case in controversial times of our history, information and technology assets seem to magically disappear even though the records act is quite clear on what’s supposed to happen?   Would be nice I guess if the everyday citizen could get away with this excuse when a court or congress demands communication from them.   “Oh sorry Judge, yeah there was a backup problem and the data was deleted.  Sorry again bro.  I’ll get you next time!”

• TBH 3

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Some interesting nuggets in this questioning.   And why is it usually the case in controversial times of our history, information and technology assets seem to magically disappear even though the records act is quite clear on what’s supposed to happen?   Would be nice I guess if the everyday citizen could get away with this excuse when a court or congress demands communication from them.   “Oh sorry Judge, yeah there was a backup problem and the data was deleted.  Sorry again bro.  I’ll get you next time!”

this was discovered during the jan. 6 investigation 3 years ago.   are the right wing sights now suggesting that this is something new?

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, commando said:

this was discovered during the jan. 6 investigation 3 years ago.   are the right wing sights now suggesting that this is something new?

I don’t know, this is coming from Maddie’s twitter not right wing news site and You sure about that timeline? 

When did the investigation into this start and when did it end?  

PBS (yes I know it’s a right wing news factory) has a story out summer of 2022 talking about STARTING an investigation into this.  By your calculations, today would be summer of 2025 not Feb 2024!   (Emphasis mine).  

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/national-archives-asks-secret-service-to-probe-deleted-texts-sent-around-jan-6

The Secret Service has come under heavy scrutiny following the revelation last week that text messages sent around the time of the Capitol attack may have been erased. In response, the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 investigation issued a subpoena for the messages and other related records.

……..

The potential loss of the records first came to light last week when the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General, in a letter obtained by The Associated Press, told lawmakers that Secret Service messages between Jan. 5 and Jan. 6, 2021, were erased "as part of a device-replacement program."

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...obviously some people didn't listen to the hearings.

Since you watched/listened to them, which of the hearings dealt with the aftermath of the investigation into the Secret Service phone deletion scandal?   Thanks in advance so I can go back and listen and be more informed.  Appreciate it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1