Insurrection fallout

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Trump was awful this day for not doing more to stop these events from unfolding.  I don’t think he started it, but I definitely think he could have done more to prevent what eventually happened after it started.  People can make a rightful case that he didn’t mind what was going on until it really really got out of control.  

Same can be said for Pelosi.   She definitely didn’t start this, but she also was in zero hurry to quell it and do the things she has the power to do in order to protect the Capitol.  Riot starts at 12:50 and NG is asked to help until 2:35 according to this interview and apparently the times are taken from Jan 6th commission!?!  What was she and the Capitol police waiting for.  

Obviously, you did not watch any of the J6 hearing.  This is all on Trump.  There is no equivalency or shared responsibility.  I've never been a San Fran Nan fan, but trying to link her responsibility to the stopping the J6 riot, Opps Political Free Speech, is beyond appalling,   

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 4

28 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey, don’t forget he started his comments with a lukewarm “Trump was awful that day”. That should absolve all future shade throwing of “I don’t think he started it” which quickly devolved to “but Pelosi…”

Of course we should blame the person in the Capital building who was just trying to do their job and not the maniac who was watching the events unfold step by step and doing everything in his power to nurture the insurrection. 

Love how you constantly dream up a narrative that wasn’t ever said.   Does it ever get exhausting?  

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Obviously, you did not watch any of the J6 hearing.  This is all on Trump.  There is no equivalency or shared responsibility.  I've never been a San Fran Nan fan, but trying to link her responsibility to the stopping the J6 riot, Opps Political Free Speech, is beyond appalling,   

Obviously you are correct since I have previously stated that as fact 

The rest of your post is nonsense.  Whether it’s Nancy or some other person in charge of security at the Capitol, that person or grouped dropped the ball once things escalated.  

This take has nothing to do with how the riot got started or who to blame for that.  Trump, Proud Boys, Epps, rando citizens looking for a fight.   Whoever the f#&% you want to blame, doesnt matter to me.   Most rational people would also like to figure out what went wrong in the policing aspect of this.  Is there really nothing to learn here?  Are you really trying to tell me that “welp, we didn’t start this darn riot so let’s do what we can to slow it down and hope for the best” is a good strategy??

If the Jan 6 committee were pure as the driven snow, then why can’t we also look into the failures of stopping this prior to these rioters getting access to inside the Capitol.   What if these rioters weren’t just a bunch of nitwits and were actually an organized group of terrorists embedded within the crowd??   Isn’t that the kinda thing we wouldn’t want inside the Capitol?  People who actually know how to cause mass casualty events.   Do you not want to know what could be done better next time?  If so, then evaluations need to done with the people who actually make the decisions on this stuff.  Evaluate their behavior and decision making so this can’t happen again where rioters get access to the Capitol.  

• TBH 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Love how you constantly dream up a narrative that wasn’t ever said.   Does it ever get exhausting?  

By golly you are right. How dare I use exactly what you posted to, how’d you put it, “dream up a narrative”?

Since you apparently can’t remember your comments from mere moments ago, here they are.

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Trump was awful this day for not doing more to stop these events from unfolding.  I don’t think he started it, but I definitely think he could have done more to prevent what eventually happened after it started.  People can make a rightful case that he didn’t mind what was going on until it really really got out of control.  

Same can be said for Pelosi.   She definitely didn’t start this, but she also was in zero hurry to quell it and do the things she has the power to do in order to protect the Capitol.  Riot starts at 12:50 and NG is asked to help until 2:35 according to this interview and apparently the times are taken from Jan 6th commission!?!  What was she and the Capitol police waiting for.  

The funny part is, you don’t think he had a hand in fomenting (starting) it, and apparently you think, only God knows why, that he minded after it got way out of hand. Hint, the only thing he has ever shown that bothered him about it was that it wasn’t successful. And then from out of left field you drag in Pelosi to also blame for not doing more to stop it.

I’m not exhausted at all. It’s actually so easy it’s stupid. But I have to ask you, does it, does it ever get exhausting making excuses for the inexcusable?

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If the Jan 6 committee were pure as the driven snow, then why can’t we also look into the failures of stopping this prior to these rioters getting access to inside the Capitol.  

Pretty sure the J6 committee did.  And, it led back to Trump again.  I'm going off of memory here.  But, I remember it being discussed.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

By golly you are right. How dare I use exactly what you posted to, how’d you put it, “dream up a narrative”?

Since you apparently can’t remember your comments from mere moments ago, here they are.

The funny part is, you don’t think he had a hand in fomenting (starting) it, and apparently you think, only God knows why, that he minded after it got way out of hand. Hint, the only thing he has ever shown that bothered him about it was that it wasn’t successful. And then from out of left field you drag in Pelosi to also blame for not doing more to stop it.

I’m not exhausted at all. It’s actually so easy it’s stupid. But I have to ask you, does it, does it ever get exhausting making excuses for the inexcusable?

trump and his allies have always tried to blame jan. 6 on someone else.   first it was antifa, then a host of others.  it seems to have settled on pelosi and ray epps.   the whole thing was done by those 2 and trump is as innocent as the driven snow and had nothing to do with it at all.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

But you didn’t do that now did you?  By golly these are your words insinuating what I said….

Of course we should blame the person in the Capital building who was just trying to do their job and not the maniac who was watching the events unfold step by step and doing everything in his power to nurture the insurrection. 

Hmmmm.  Quite the narrative you try and “dream up”   Where did I say that again? 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Pretty sure the J6 committee did.  And, it led back to Trump again.  I'm going off of memory here.  But, I remember it being discussed.

How?  Your own video clip stated the NG was pre-approved but can’t move on the Capitol until asked to do so from Capitol police because of separation of powers.  

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And then from out of left field you drag in Pelosi to also blame for not doing more to stop it

You left out…….once it got started and people broke through the barricade.   Conveniently of course because of your tendency to build false narratives of posts.  

You also quite conveniently left out where i said, if not Pelosi, then the person in charge of Capitol police or security.  Not shocking you would do that since it doesn’t fit your false narrative :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How?  Your own video clip stated the NG was pre-approved but can’t move on the Capitol until asked to do so from Capitol police because of separation of powers.  

Seriously, it's been a long time since I watched the hearings.  I don't remember exactly.  You might go back and watch them.  They are very informative.

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You left out…….once it got started and people broke through the barricade.   Conveniently of course because of your tendency to build false narratives of posts.  

You also quite conveniently left out where i said, if not Pelosi, then the person in charge of Capitol police or security.  Not shocking you would do that since it doesn’t fit your false narrative :dunno

Like usual, you start by posting one thing and then as you paint yourself into a corner you attempt to change the argument.

If you wanted to make this about why weren’t the capital police more ready and why didn’t they act sooner, I would’ve provided no pushback. But no. You start with Trump was awful but he didn’t start it (patently false) and then he minded it after it got out hand (also patently false). And then you cast aspersions on Pelosi (who I can’t stand by the way) when she obviously had no means to deal with the problem. One can only assume this was done to lighten the blame load on dear leader. If you don’t want people “dreaming up that narrative” try posting different words and sentences that don’t lead others to that more than obvious conclusion.

I know, it really sucks when people hold you accountable for what you say and what you’ve exhibited to actually believe. Wouldn’t it be so much easier if your bulls#!t wasn’t called out?

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If you wanted to make this about why weren’t the capital police more ready and why didn’t they act sooner, I would’ve provided no pushback.

What the actual f#&% do you think I’m talking about:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You start with Trump was awful but he didn’t start it (patently false) and then he minded it after it got out hand (also patently false).

That’s up for debate, which you know. 

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And then you cast aspersions on Pelosi (who I can’t stand by the way) when she obviously had no means to deal with the problem.

Who the f#&% do you think is ultimately in charge of the Capitol security? :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I know, it really sucks when people hold you accountable for what you say

Yet I didn’t actually say it.   It does suck when people make s#!t up about what I say.   

• Plus1 1