Insurrection fallout

24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, at least we settled the matter then.  It’s unfortunate you weren’t able to have a nuanced discussion about things.  

I guess that will happen when somebody tries to apply nuance to a subject that isn’t worthy of nuance. Seems like a pretty desperate attempt at justifying a bad take. But pay no nevermind to my opinion. Do as you wish and I’ll stop pissing in the wind.

20 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess that will happen when somebody tries to apply nuance to a subject that isn’t worthy of nuance. Seems like a pretty desperate attempt at justifying a bad take. But pay no nevermind to my opinion. Do as you wish and I’ll stop pissing in the wind.

:troll:

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3

It is just amazing the deceptive blind cult loyalty some people can have to one man. Trump is only on the world stage for a very brief time and yet the cult treats him as an eternal god. 

Meanwhile Pence has been subpoenaed by the DOJ. Perhaps an indictment is not far behind if the DOJ is that far up the ladder. The cultists will cry :cry fowl when it occurs. I’m sure @Archy1221 will blame the law, the constitution, the deep state, Biden and Micky Mouse that the object of his man crush could possibly end up behind bars.  But the sooner this cancer is cut out the better for the majority of people who aren’t in the cult. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/pence-subpoenaed-special-counsel-leading-trump-investigations-rcna70031

• Plus1 3
39 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I’m sure @Archy1221 will blame the law, the constitution, the deep state, Biden and Micky Mouse that the object of his man crush could possibly end up behind bars.

Good lord man. 

Your going with the “man crush” card now too?   Going with false narrative takes also?   

You wanna know who blames law enforcement for the lack of response to the riots on Jan6th once they got started?   It’s non other than the Chief Investigator for the Jan 6th Commission.   So maybe take the man crush garbage over to that guy.  He’s the one who decided to on national news and make claim to that blame.  Maybe he will also blame the deep state, or Mickey Mouse, possibly the constitution?  Who knows, however, we do know he puts blame on law enforcement:thumbs

If you need the news article, I believe @JJ Huskerposted it not too far up the thread.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Good lord man. 

Your going with the “man crush” card now too?   Going with false narrative takes also?   

You wanna know who blames law enforcement for the lack of response to the riots on Jan6th once they got started?   It’s non other than the Chief Investigator for the Jan 6th Commission.   So maybe take the man crush garbage over to that guy.  He’s the one who decided to on national news and make claim to that blame.  Maybe he will also blame the deep state, or Mickey Mouse, possibly the constitution?  Who knows, however, we do know he puts blame on law enforcement:thumbs

If you need the news article, I believe @JJ Huskerposted it not too far up the thread.  

Archie, a few years ago (during the Obama years), as others on this board would tell you, I was in your shoes - maybe not to the same degree to the far right as you but very close.  But I had to deal with one word - denial.  Denial that I was angry due to my politics, constantly listening to negative conservative talk radio, constantly having to defend the indefensible and seeing the negative in other people who had different views than I.   I had my own 'man crushes' - Ronald Reagan, certain political positions, Romney, Newt, GWB, d!(k Cheney, etc.  But life is much better not having a blind loyalty to a political party or a particular individual.  I think most people who read your posts would agree that there is a huge 'man crush' going on towards trump's policies in general and to him in particular or to his "little me' character Desantis. Sure we all have our favorite guy or gal in the political arena but your defense of most things trump is beyond reason.   That is why I won't argue back and forth with you.  I don't have the time or energy to do so (and I'm still working so I can't be on here doing all of the back and forth all day) - I'll let @BigRedBuster and @JJ Husker and others do so. But man, take a look at the definition of denial below and see where you might fit in.   I think much of the trump supporting GOP could be found in the last definition in bold below. 

denial

noun

de·ni·al di-ˈnī(-ə)l  
dē-

: refusal to satisfy a request or desire
the denial of privileges
a(1)
: refusal to admit the truth or reality of something (such as a statement or charge)
their denial of the divine right of kings
(2)
: assertion that an allegation is false
her denial that she was involved
b
: refusal to acknowledge a person or a thing : DISAVOWAL
his denial of his youngest son
law : the opposing by the defendant of an allegation (see ALLEGATION sense 2) of the opposite party in a lawsuit
their denial of the plaintiff's allegations
: SELF-DENIAL
… a man in denial about his receding hairline.

psychology : a defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4

@TGHusker You don’t need to worry about me replying to archy anymore. I’ve engaged a feature of the Board that will hide his posts and help remove the temptation for me to waste any further effort. Unfortunately it doesn’t work when others reply so I will be including anyone who replies to him also even if that means missing some worthwhile posts from people I respect or agree with. But I’m done. Life is too short to deal with that brand of ridiculousness.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Archie, a few years ago (during the Obama years), as others on this board would tell you, I was in your shoes - maybe not to the same degree to the far right as you but very close.  But I had to deal with one word - denial.  Denial that I was angry due to my politics, constantly listening to negative conservative talk radio, constantly having to defend the indefensible and seeing the negative in other people who had different views than I.   I had my own 'man crushes' - Ronald Reagan, certain political positions, Romney, Newt, GWB, d!(k Cheney, etc.  But life is much better not having a blind loyalty to a political party or a particular individual.  I think most people who read your posts would agree that there is a huge 'man crush' going on towards trump's policies in general and to him in particular or to his "little me' character Desantis. Sure we all have our favorite guy or gal in the political arena but your defense of most things trump is beyond reason.   That is why I won't argue back and forth with you.  I don't have the time or energy to do so (and I'm still working so I can't be on here doing all of the back and forth all day) - I'll let @BigRedBuster and @JJ Husker and others do so. But man, take a look at the definition of denial below and see where you might fit in.   I think much of the trump supporting GOP could be found in the last definition in bold below. 

denial

noun

de·ni·al di-ˈnī(-ə)l  
dē-

: refusal to satisfy a request or desire
the denial of privileges
a(1)
: refusal to admit the truth or reality of something (such as a statement or charge)
their denial of the divine right of kings
(2)
: assertion that an allegation is false
her denial that she was involved
b
: refusal to acknowledge a person or a thing : DISAVOWAL
his denial of his youngest son
law : the opposing by the defendant of an allegation (see ALLEGATION sense 2) of the opposite party in a lawsuit
their denial of the plaintiff's allegations
: SELF-DENIAL
… a man in denial about his receding hairline.

psychology : a defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality

I did notice that while you were posting a dictionary definition, you happened to skip over the part of my post where you had to have seen the actual Jan 6th chief investigator blaming law enforcement for not being able to quell the riot sooner or be more prepared.   HE OR I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT LAW ENFORCEMENT STARTING IT OR BEING THE CAUSE FOR THE RIOT!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

@TGHusker You don’t need to worry about me replying to archy anymore. I’ve engaged a feature of the Board that will hide his posts and help remove the temptation for me to waste any further effort. Unfortunately it doesn’t work when others reply so I will be including anyone who replies to him also even if that means missing some worthwhile posts from people I respect or agree with. But I’m done. Life is too short to deal with that brand of ridiculousness.

I've had that feature on you for years:lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I did notice that while you were posting a dictionary definition, you happened to skip over the part of my post where you had to have seen the actual Jan 6th chief investigator blaming law enforcement for not being able to quell the riot sooner or be more prepared.   HE OR I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT LAW ENFORCEMENT STARTING IT OR BEING THE CAUSE FOR THE RIOT!

They have never experienced this type of attack before.  I think they have learned now, when right wing people rally in Washington, put maximum security around the capital.

• Plus1 1