Economy

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Evidence that we are returning to normal from 2020 chaos?

image.png.6b17362f16fc6a07266b6a565278b6f3.png

I am sure this means our property taxes will start to go done too!  Ha

Dude, where you live and bennington are just getting smoked with the property tax increase, aren't you?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am sure this means our property taxes will start to go done too!  Ha

Dude, where you live and bennington are just getting smoked with the property tax increase, aren't you?

The county has increased the value of my home 150% over the past 10 years.  I’d sell it today if I could afford another house!

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
Just now, funhusker said:

The county has increased the value of my home 150% over the past 10 years.  I’d sell it today if I could afford another house!

Haha!  We have something in common.  We are in the same f#&%ing boat.

I could sell mine for 159% more than I bought it for and if I sold it the only thing I could by would be a smaller place in a neighborhood that is not at nice.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

There's no way prices are down 20%. Maybe 5%, but I'm still seeing real s#!t holes selling for absurd amounts. Walked into an open house that was literally the worst we've seen so far. Everything was trashed: appliances, kitchen cabinets cracked/chipped/pealing loors, walls, window sills rotted and pealing, outside doors were gaping to the frame, epoxy garage floor was a mess... And the place was only 8 years old. They wanted like 7% less than what market would be for that house in decent shape. You basically need to take that whole place down to the dry wall and subfloor, and even then probably the studs in some spots, but it's pending an offer which I'm positive will be close to asking.

6 hours ago, ZRod said:

There's no way prices are down 20%. Maybe 5%, but I'm still seeing real s#!t holes selling for absurd amounts. Walked into an open house that was literally the worst we've seen so far. Everything was trashed: appliances, kitchen cabinets cracked/chipped/pealing loors, walls, window sills rotted and pealing, outside doors were gaping to the frame, epoxy garage floor was a mess... And the place was only 8 years old. They wanted like 7% less than what market would be for that house in decent shape. You basically need to take that whole place down to the dry wall and subfloor, and even then probably the studs in some spots, but it's pending an offer which I'm positive will be close to asking.

I totally get what you are saying but could that just be your area?  Like, maybe other areas are lower?  I have no idea.  I know Omaha is brutal.  If I was looking to buy a house right now in Omaha I would rather just join a Pro-Pally group instead.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I totally get what you are saying but could that just be your area?  Like, maybe other areas are lower?  I have no idea.  I know Omaha is brutal.  If I was looking to buy a house right now in Omaha I would rather just join a Pro-Pally group instead.

It was in a nice area where you get the most bang for your buck around here. The Detroit metro is crazy. It spans the whole gambit of good value (or cheap as hell in the hood) to outrageous. It's just that the good value means you're in the boonies with a long commute to work and nothing fun to do nearby.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Why do you post Tweets without looking any of it up and/or sharing what you found?

It took me about 2 minutes to find the first thing is just made up bulls#!t. You can see in the graph the household # is higher. (And it’s supposed to be higher because it includes farm related jobs, while the other doesn’t).

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ces_cps_trends.htm

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why do you post Tweets without looking any of it up and/or sharing what you found?

It took me about 2 minutes to find the first thing is just made up bulls#!t. You can see in the graph the household # is higher. (And it’s supposed to be higher because it includes farm related jobs, while the other doesn’t).

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ces_cps_trends.htm

You are correct. I didn't look at the chart you provided. Thanks for the link.

I do see there are no community notes or contradicting links. Any thoughts on RFKs other two points. I have seen both of those claims from others.

• Plus1 1