Sellout Streak in 2021

1 hour ago, J-MAGIC said:

IDK, wanting to end something unique and cool that lots of people enjoy because you're mad that others aren't as narcissistic as you seems like way bigger baby behavior to me.

It's sports. It's supposed to be fun. Let people enjoy things instead of needing to do some weird performative punishment.

DisgustingRemoteHadrosaurus-size_restric

Struck a nerve, did I?

6 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

*I say something dumb and everyone gets mad at me*

"Wow, I am truly the contrarian truth-teller these people need!"

I apologize that my fairly innocuous commentary on one of the more benign aspects of Husker football has harmed you so.

The Sellout Streak seems to be a topic of conversation every year.  We were starting to see signs of empty seats in 2019 despite all tickets still being sold. I do wonder if the streak will end this year for a couple of reasons:

1.  The team has not been putting a good product on the field. Many fans do not want to spend money to watch a poor product. Now I am hoping and expecting better things this year, but the first 3 seasons of the Frost era have been underwhelming.

2. Covid has changed our world and the mindsets of many people.  I have talked to some who have just started going into crowds again and they have expressed not feeling fully comfortable in that environment.  Given many season ticket holders may also be a bit older, there may be a concern with a new strain that could come about this fall.  

I guess time will tell.

50 minutes ago, Redux said:

"THE SELLOUT STREAK DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!"

In 2019, Notre Dame's sellout streak of 273 ended.  Notre Dame who has played in 2 playoffs and a BCS championship game.  Nebraska is closing in on 400.

Yeah, means nothing :B)

This Notre Dame?

wntfusax2t52x9mzaxrz

20170909183329.jpg

• Haha 2