If a B1G team can’t play because of COVID-19, it will forfeit the game

Bledred

https://bigten.org/sports/2021/8/23/GEN_0823214746.aspx

"If a team is unable to participate in a scheduled Conference competition due to COVID-19 and as a result the competition is unable to occur on the calendar day on which it is scheduled, the competition shall be considered a forfeit by the team unable to participate and shall not be rescheduled.  In such case, the team unable to participate shall be assessed a “loss,” its opponent a “win,” and Conference standings shall be adjusted accordingly."

"If both of the two competing teams are unable to participate in a scheduled Conference competition due to COVID-19 and as a result the competition is unable to occur on the calendar day on which it is scheduled, and is unable to be rescheduled, the competition shall be considered a “no contest.”"

Should of been the policy from the get go. 

• Plus1 4

There won't be a single game cancelled due to Covid this year - 

"Vaccinated athletes, coaches and other “Tier 1” individuals (including full-time support staff and student assistants) won’t be required to be tested for COVID-19, provided they are not showing symptoms of the virus. In addition, vaccinated athletes won’t be susceptible to quarantine after coming into contact with those who test positive for the virus."

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/08/ncaa-wont-require-covid-testing-contact-tracing-for-vaccinated-athletes-coaches.html

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Should’ve been this way last year. Looking at you Barry Alvarez-Wisconsin.

Key difference... vaccinated..... easy to look back now and make a statement like that... last year no vaccines, still a lot of uncertainty on this situation (which still exists today to an extent)....

What's the latest % number on our status for this?  Wasnt there a story back in late june we still only int he 65-70%ish range on team vaccination numbers?

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Key difference... vaccinated..... easy to look back now and make a statement like that... last year no vaccines, still a lot of uncertainty on this situation (which still exists today to an extent)....

What's the latest % number on our status for this?  Wasnt there a story back in late june we still only int he 65-70%ish range on team vaccination numbers?

No one knows, because Frost and the AD are being real tight lipped about it. My guess would be that it isn't great. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

No one knows, because Frost and the AD are being real tight lipped about it. My guess would be that it isn't great. 

Lane Kiffin and Mississippi made a big deal about getting 100%, and that is positive ink. Maybe Huskers should try to do the same. 

• Fire 2
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Frost commented on this a couple weeks ago- ""I feel really good about where we are numberswise," Frost said."

That is a big change from Mid-July when he said he wasn't comfortable with team vaccination numbers yet.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Lane Kiffin and Mississippi made a big deal about getting 100%, and that is positive ink. Maybe Huskers should try to do the same. 

That's exactly why I don't think it's high enough to be noteworthy; one would think that if it was anywhere close, they'd be advertising it like crazy. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That's exactly why I don't think it's high enough to be noteworthy; one would think that if it was anywhere close, they'd be advertising it like crazy. 

I disagree.  The media is ready to twist any detail on the Nebraska program and make it a negative so I wouldn't feed them anything if I didn't have to.  He could say they were at 95% and the media would turn that into a story about the Nebraska anti-vaxxers possibly costing the team the season...smh.  I wouldn't give them anything.   

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Bigred_inSD said:

Let's see what happens if Ohio State has an infection.....

You are missing the point.  Every team will have some positive cases this year but since testing is no longer required, and vaccinated people don't have to quarantine, it will be football as usual.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

You are missing the point.  Every team will have some positive cases this year but since testing is no longer required, and vaccinated people don't have to quarantine, it will be football as usual.  

I think daily testing is still required. Vaccinated players don't have to quarantine, but could still test positive. 

Maybe I read it wrong?