2022 Schedule

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Nebraska still hasn't tweeted about it, making me think LBSU decided this on their own and left us high and dry. That's 2 straight weeks on the schedule that a southern cali team was suppose to come to Lincoln but left us scrambling. I'm sure Bolt is livid. 

Yup, bunch of pansies

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

Yup, bunch of pansies

LBSU openly looking for games. Doesn't look like anyone else is. 

03/08/2022 Division: NCAA Div. I Season: 2022 Open Dates: Mar. 11-13 School/Organization: Long Beach State University Contact Name: Bryan Peters Phone: 562-985-4661 Email:  Bryan.Peters@csulb.edu Address:  1250 Bellflower Boulevard Long Beach, CA, 90840 Other Information:  Looking for games this weekend due to schedule cancelation.

Hope we can fill our slate and they get screwed. 

Any new updates if the Huskers will get the Sun/Mon games in against Omaha?  Meaning, I don't know what the weather will be like. 

I'd love for us to get back on a winning streak, and this looks like a favorable way in doing so.  No disrespect to the Omaha baseball program.

• Haha 1
On 3/11/2022 at 1:41 PM, admo said:

Any new updates if the Huskers will get the Sun/Mon games in against Omaha?  Meaning, I don't know what the weather will be like. 

I'd love for us to get back on a winning streak, and this looks like a favorable way in doing so.  No disrespect to the Omaha baseball program.

Why do you guys have to jinx stuff all the time? You don't have to be superstitious, but let's try and be a little stitous eh? :lol:

Up next is New Mexico State (9-4).  It will be the first time on the road for the Aggies.  Once @hskrfan4life gets the game day thread going, I will probably add this info to it.

Head coach is Mike Kirby.  As you recall or not, he was on former Coach Erstad's staff for 5 seasons.

Assistant coach is Mike Pritchard, who played for the Huskers (2011-2014) as a 3 time All-B1G player (twice first team) and banged out 251 hits (6th most for a Husker) and 45 doubles (tenth most).  He was also a grad assistant coach to the Huskers for 2 seasons. 

As for New Mexico State, they have hitters and a hitter friendly ballpark.  Like most schools, they have an ace, a few decent middle-inning relief guys, and a committee closer.  Their ace Ian Mejia is pretty darn good (drafted out of HS, went to Arizona, then to NMSU).  Several of their position players came to NMSU from another University or CC.  Last season they had Nick Gonzalez (all-american) who was drafted #7 in the MLB draft.

Some stats about the Aggies (turn away now!)

Ranked #15 in team batting average (.323 461AB 149Hits)..

Ranked #33 in team On-Base Avg (.409)... Sam Houston (.414) TCU (.404)

Team - 11.46 Hits per game (Top 20)

Team - 35 Doubles (#8 per game)

Team - 19 Home Runs  (#32 per game)

Team - 8.3 Runs per Game (#41)

(Huskers team BA .251)

Yes we need some good pitching to help keep their bats quiet.  But we will need to bring our own bats and produce lots of runs.  I am glad we have these 2 games at home.  If this was at their field, yikes....