Just normal American Utopia...

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe we should just give everyone food stamps for their entire meal budget :dunno

(Food stamps are a great investment for those in need) 

In theory the government should spend the maximum amount on food stamps until that return is even. In not sure if a study has ever determined that amount. 

In practice, it's also why our agricultural business is heavily subsidized to keep food as cheap as possible.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

14 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

In theory the government should spend the maximum amount on food stamps until that return is even. In not sure if a study has ever determined that amount. 

In practice, it's also why our agricultural business is heavily subsidized to keep food as cheap as possible.

That's communism, my friend, and why agricultural subsides and collectives are so fiercely opposed by red-blooded Nebraska farmers. 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
20 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Bring it on.   Gimmie gimmie gimmie.  Would love to have free food.   

• TBH 1

Sometimes I read posts and I am like "Sooooo these posters don't really understand what commie countries look like" and then I realize, you don't.  And then I remember that is a good thing, it is a good thing you don't have family members that literally lived through it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sometimes I read posts and I am like "Sooooo these posters don't really understand what commie countries look like" and then I realize, you don't.  And then I remember that is a good thing, it is a good thing you don't have family members that literally lived through it.  

Hey, show me one of those posts and let's walk through it. Together. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Even if they are, is this some big scandal where Americans are being harmed?

I used to think a program like this could at least have a strong possibility of existing.  But since Trump left office, I have a hard time thinking it does.

Unless they were smart enough to not tell that guy, there’s no way he’d be quiet about it now.

• TBH 1
8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I used to think a program like this could at least have a strong possibility of existing.  But since Trump left office, I have a hard time thinking it does.

Unless they were smart enough to not tell that guy, there’s no way he’d be quiet about it now.

They probably didn't tell him.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Even if they are, is this some big scandal where Americans are being harmed?

Of course we would study and reverse engineer any technology captured from rival countries, but I can't think of a single leap in technology that couldn't be traced to incremental and easily tracked trial and error among human engineers.  

If I'm wrong, it's a helluva story.