Thunderin' Bolts vs New Mexico State

13 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Super aggressive on the base paths, love it. This is also the best BTN+ broadcast I've ever seen. Announcers (maybe students?) are actually pretty good, so much so, I question if they're students. Decent camera angles and even have the gun on the pitchers. 

The disparity in BTN+ broadcasts for baseball is incredible.  I think it was Michigan State or Penn State a year or two ago where the only camera was on top of the press box or something?  It was awfulllllllll.

Man that game was awesome last night.  Really makes a difference when getting out front.  If you can get to a team's relievers early, the bats do well against a staff that doesn't have the best bullpen (mid relief). Chomping at the bit for the mistake pitches (or breaking balls that don't break enough, or fast balls over the plate).

On the other hand, it's not as easy against a team's ace who can go 6-8 innings with good stuff. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, desertshox said:

This christo's first start or even game action? I'd chalk the wildness up to nerves, if it was.

1st start, but not his 1st game.  I believe he gave up a HR in the 8th or 9th inning during his only other brief stint on the hill.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, admo said:

1st start, but not his 1st game.  I believe he gave up a HR in the 8th or 9th inning during his only other brief stint on the hill.

correct.  also, i thought i heard mentioned either on this board are on one of the broadcasts that he got hit hard during fall practice.  maybe this and his earlier action has him a bit skittish.  whatever it is, today's outing was not impressive.

• Plus1 1