Conference Realignment Rumors

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 8:14 AM, teachercd said:

ND is so interesting because the market of Indiana and Illinois (Chicago, really, where the most ND fans actually live), is already part of the Big Ten and BTN.

Which means they must be looking at ND boosting deals with stream services?  I know ND is  a national brand but you already have so many areas covered.  

We’re well beyond regional draws and carrier fees at this point. It’s all about National caché and drawing eyeballs from a national audience, which Miami, ND, FSU, and Clemson do (along with Nebraska)…

Beyond this, you start dipping into basketball draws.

18 hours ago, Street Novelist said:

Imagine, going back to the Big 12 after leaving in 2011. How embarrassed must sCUm leadership feel now! And the conference is muuuuuch weaker!

Umm... seriously? 

It's about survival. It's about financing the athletic department. It's about not leaving a single stone unturned to provide what is best for both the athletes and the fans. Why on earth would Colorado have any shame? This super conference movement is going to be the death of college football as we've known it and I'm not sure how I feel about it. One thing I am sure about though is there's no shame in doing that which is needed to survive.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Umm... seriously? 

It's about survival. It's about financing the athletic department. It's about not leaving a single stone unturned to provide what is best for both the athletes and the fans. Why on earth would Colorado have any shame? This super conference movement is going to be the death of college football as we've known it and I'm not sure how I feel about it. One thing I am sure about though is there's no shame in doing that which is needed to survive.

:rollin I'm guessing you forgot the press conference Colorado gave back when they announced they were leaving the Big 12. The President said they were leaving because the Pac 10 was a better "cultural fit." That they always had more in common academic wise with the Pac 10 than the Big 12. And if you don't believe me, go back and watch it.

To reverse course and go back to the Big 12 is a complete 180. It's basically admitting that the reason you left was for money; not for academic reasons. 

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

CU made the best decision with the info they had back then, and now as well.

I agree. If bets were placed on which conference would last over the last decade , PAC12 or BIG12, no one would bet on the BIG12. Especially after Texas and OK left. No one thought the PAC12 was in trouble until the Big10 swiped USC and UCLA.