Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I still can't figure out why anyone would be against abortion.  I get the rallying cry is "Oh my gosh, you are killing a human being" Ummm, not really.  

Also, you don't have to get one if you hate them that much.

Question, Are you for abortion up to the delivery? 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Question, Are you for abortion up to the delivery? 

“For abortion” is maybe the wrong wording. How about “should it be allowed”…. I don’t know many (any) people that are pushing for third trimester abortions. And I also don’t know many that are “for” abortion. Maybe we could keep it in the realm of plausible options.

How about you? Should abortion be allowed at 6 weeks? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? Ever?

Keep in mind many people (women) may not even be aware yet that they are pregnant at 6 weeks and that seems to be the magic number many red states are tightening to.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

“For abortion” is maybe the wrong wording. How about “should it be allowed”…. I don’t know many (any) people that are pushing for third trimester abortions. And I also don’t know many that are “for” abortion. Maybe we could keep it in the realm of plausible options.

How about you? Should abortion be allowed at 6 weeks? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? Ever?

Keep in mind many people (women) may not even be aware yet that they are pregnant at 6 weeks and that seems to be the magic number many red states are tightening to.

See, I am actually for it!

I think it needs to be presented in a much more positive light for people.  So many girls get pregnant and have been told abortion is bad or evil or they will go to hell.  Or worse, they are lied to by a "support system" that claims they will "be there for them" and "help with the baby" which for the most part is BS.

1.  Graduate HS

2.  Get a full time job

3.  No kids until you are married

That is all you have to do to stay out of poverty in the USA.  All 3 of those are so easy to accomplish.  The second you have a baby and you are not married (or not with the person and doing it together) you have just put yourself in a position that is so hard to climb out of.

If your faith makes you against it, that is totally fine and I admire people for that.  But it should have nothing to do with abortion being legal or not.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

“For abortion” is maybe the wrong wording. How about “should it be allowed”…. I don’t know many (any) people that are pushing for third trimester abortions. And I also don’t know many that are “for” abortion.

Exactly. Nobody wants abortions, including most of the women who have them. But when necessary, they should be readily and freely available.

Because when they aren't, we have the horrors those poor women described.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

See, I am actually for it!

I think it needs to be presented in a much more positive light for people.  So many girls get pregnant and have been told abortion is bad or evil or they will go to hell.  Or worse, they are lied to by a "support system" that claims they will "be there for them" and "help with the baby" which for the most part is BS.

1.  Graduate HS

2.  Get a full time job

3.  No kids until you are married

That is all you have to do to stay out of poverty in the USA.  All 3 of those are so easy to accomplish.  The second you have a baby and you are not married (or not with the person and doing it together) you have just put yourself in a position that is so hard to climb out of.

If your faith makes you against it, that is totally fine and I admire people for that.  But it should have nothing to do with abortion being legal or not.  

I get what you’re saying.  I used to be pretty hardcore against, mostly because of my religion. I’m still not “for” it as a form of birth control but there are way too many situations where it’s needed and really it’s none of my business (or the government’s) to tell others what to do with their lives.

I do think third trimester should be off the table except for medical reasons. That is starting to get a bit murdery for me.  But up to about 12-16 weeks it should definitely be allowed and legal. Anything less than that is poking your nose in where it doesn’t belong. 6 weeks is ridiculous.  16 to 28 weeks is sort of a grey area for me personally but I don’t have any problem leaving that up to the women and their doctors.

I know what you’re saying about teen pregnancy but I do like that it has a little stigma to it. There are much better forms of birth control and they don’t involve killing a potential life. It’s more of a travesty imo to make it illegal for situations where it’s needed or medically necessary than it is to abort just cuz at 12-16 weeks.

• Plus1 1

I do think third trimester should be off the table except for medical reasons. That is starting to get a bit murdery for me.

Conceptually I'm fairly close to this, but I'm also wondering how many people are getting third trimester abortions not for medical reasons. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t know many (any) people that are pushing for third trimester abortions. And I also don’t know many that are “for” abortion. Maybe we could keep it in the realm of plausible options

kinda of a silly word choice argument complaining about the word “for”.  It’s commonly used in article after article in the same way I asked Teach.  

BTW….PEW research says 19% of Americans think it should be legal in all cases, no exceptions.  Hence third trimester abortion.  

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2022/05/06/americas-abortion-quandary/

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

kinda of a silly word choice argument complaining about the word “for”.  It’s commonly used in article after article in the same way I asked Teach.  

BTW….PEW research says 19% of Americans think it should be legal in all cases, no exceptions.  Hence third trimester abortion.  

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2022/05/06/americas-abortion-quandary/

Again, words matter. Thinking it should be legal is much different than being for abortion.

I don’t like abortion. I am not “for” abortion but I do think it should be legal and safely available.  I also think there is a point and circumstances where it should be illegal but given a choice between the Rs preferred 6 week ban or never illegal, I would go with legal in all cases and at all times. 

I find it quite odd that somehow you equate that to “hence third trimester abortion”. It is exactly why being “for” and “should be legal” are nowhere near the same thing. Nuance is a thing. Try using it sometime.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
55 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Again, words matter. Thinking it should be legal is much different than being for abortion.

I don’t like abortion. I am not “for” abortion but I do think it should be legal and safely available.  I also think there is a point and circumstances where it should be illegal but given a choice between the Rs preferred 6 week ban or never illegal, I would go with legal in all cases and at all times. 

I find it quite odd that somehow you equate that to “hence third trimester abortion”. It is exactly why being “for” and “should be legal” are nowhere near the same thing. Nuance is a thing. Try using it sometime.

@JJ Husker and I are on the same thought process here. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Thinking it should be legal is saying you are for legal abortion.   Doesn’t mean you particularly want to have one, but you are FOR the ability of someone else to have one if they so choose.   This isn’t hard to understand.  Quite a silly wordsmith hill for you to argue on.  

• Plus1 1

Abortion legal in all cases includes third trimester abortions.   People can be for all legal abortion without actually wanting one themselves.  Again, this isn’t hard to understand.  

Nuance rears it’s head @teachercd

• Plus1 1