TE Carter Nelson

HuskerBoard Predictor  

44 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Nelson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia
    • Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Truly a man amongst boys in the athletic sense.  Hopefully, he finds success at the next level when most of the players on the field are on his level athletically.  I'd assume that given his ratings, he does quite well against more apples to apples types of competition.

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

As long as he stays healthy and puts on weight I think he could play next year.  I think Fidone has the te spot locked down but he still hasn't looked like he has gained all of his explosiveness back from his knee injury.

Without enrolling early and accounting for far greater talent level & 11 man football I think unless he has a few designed plays he may not play much. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Decked said:

Without enrolling early and accounting for far greater talent level & 11 man football I think unless he has a few designed plays he may not play much. 

In a first for me I have to go with @Huskerfollower4life.  I think he plays.

Didn't we already have two TEs enter the portal?  He's a freak athlete.  The talent difference will be significant but he'll adapt and I think it'll be quick.  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Didn't we already have two TEs enter the portal?  He's a freak athlete.  The talent difference will be significant but he'll adapt and I think it'll be quick.  

It's possible, but I don't think he's ready as a Big Ten TE - he's like 200 lbs. The TEs in the portal were not even on the depth chart, although it is pretty thin either way. Lindenmeyer has a specific role (and I'd assume Flynt in this class is penciled in there as well), and everyone else we've signed recently needs to add some weight. I think if Nelson plays it will either be out wide, or exclusively as a second TE off the LOS. Or maybe he packs on some weight over the summer and shows up at 230, but I think it'll take a year or two.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

It's possible, but I don't think he's ready as a Big Ten TE - he's like 200 lbs. The TEs in the portal were not even on the depth chart, although it is pretty thin either way. Lindenmeyer has a specific role (and I'd assume Flynt in this class is penciled in there as well), and everyone else we've signed recently needs to add some weight. I think if Nelson plays it will either be out wide, or exclusively as a second TE off the LOS. Or maybe he packs on some weight over the summer and shows up at 230, but I think it'll take a year or two.

We’re talking about different things.  

I doubt he’s a major contributor, but he’ll play.  The only common factors between him and Flynt are the position they play.

5 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Thanks :cheers!!!! I think he instantly shoots up to the number 2 spot on the depth chart with his talent.  Yes it will take time to add weight but I think he could easily put on 20 pounds and be a receiving threat.  Adds to more weapons that Raiola can throw to bc certainly he is quick enough.

• Mavric changed the title to TE Carter Nelson