TE Carter Nelson

HuskerBoard Predictor  

44 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Nelson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia
    • Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

247 day 2 top performer (his travel was delayed so he wasn't at the day 1 practice)

CARTER NELSON, TE, (NEBRASKA)

After arriving on the Island late Monday night due to some travel delays, the Nebraska signee didn’t show any rust and fit seamlessly into the offense. He was smooth and fluid with his movements, looking spry on out routes and reeling in a couple big receptions in red zone situations. Nelson was a favorite target of future Huskers teammate Dylan Raiola throughout the afternoon session and it was easy to see why — the impressive pass catcher got open often and was a very reliable target.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3

Recently saw some talk about Sam LaPorta being the best TE in the NFL this year. He was a stud at Iowa and did great in the league this season.

Got me wondering what his dimensions were out of HS. 

He was a 6’4” 208 pound wide receiver in HS and only rated a 3 star. (Star rating isn’t my thought here)

Nelson has similar dimensions and a higher star rating- which at this point I equate to athletic ability. If Nelson grew to be Sam LaPorta I would be ecstatic, we could use a strong TE rep in the NFL.

The other note here is that I feel like the TE spot is the hardest to project from HS to the NFL. Plenty of college position change TE have been successful in the NFL. Just seems like a hard position to peg until the player has matured. 

Super excited to see what Nelson can do in the future.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...