Fall Camp 2022

47 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Do you think Janiran Bonner play has him in discussion to be part of the wr's rotation? I ask bc he made a spectacular catch in scrimmage and he already looks like he is physically prepared to play so that's why I'm asking about him. Other then that haven't heard to much about him and the rest of the true freshmen making a impact for the team during fall camp.

I doubt he'll be much of a factor this year.  Just too many guys ahead of him.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I doubt he'll be much of a factor this year.  Just too many guys ahead of him.

Thanks Mavric!!! I was for sure he was going to be one of the impactful true freshmen to have a role along with him Ajay Allan. That just goes to show you everyone in front of him has stepped up their game as well. If he redshirts this year, hope he sticks around and stays till next year to have a role.

Now the coverage was actually pretty good, but the thing I didn't like about the clip was Kolarevic covering a WR downfield. Hoping that's kinda rare - I think Chins made some tweaks, I remember in 2020 teams were getting some shots against Domann 1v1 up the seam but I don't remember it last year. Could be that Jojo just started locking it down though.

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Now the coverage was actually pretty good, but the thing I didn't like about the clip was Kolarevic covering a WR downfield. Hoping that's kinda rare - I think Chins made some tweaks, I remember in 2020 teams were getting some shots against Domann 1v1 up the seam but I don't remember it last year. Could be that Jojo just started locking it down though.

I have to agree with the coverage part just tend to think whoever threw the ball put it in a spot where no matter who you had covering if the wide receiver caught the ball it be a touchdown all day. It was a great throw and a great catch. If Kolarevic can hang let him hang if he can't least this is still fall camp.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I have to agree with the coverage part just tend to think whoever threw the ball put it in a spot where no matter who you had covering if the wide receiver caught the ball it be a touchdown all day. It was a great throw and a great catch. If Kolarevic can hang let him hang if he can't least this is still fall camp.

I saw somewhere it was Haarberg. 

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Didn't they move him to the nickelback position? If he plays he's going to have to cover slot receivers.

Just now, LumberJackSker said:

Didn't they move him to the nickelback position? If he plays he's going to have to cover slot receivers.

Right, and that worries me enough. This looks like a deep ball though, I'm hoping we can keep his coverage responsibilities either underneath and/or with a safety help over top. Like I said in 2020 there were times Jojo had to run 30+ yards down the seam with the slot receiver, no safety in sight. Impossible to say for sure from the short clip but it looked similar and I don't like it.

But it's one play in one scrimmage, so I'm probably worked up about nothing - they do try to put players in difficult positions to see who rises to the challenge, and the coverage wasn't bad.

23 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I remember this, too. Teams would line up five wide to try to take advantage of this, and sometimes they would then run delayed running plays out of it.

I don't think our three man front was equipped to handle that as well that season. But Chinander and the linebacker coaches have figured out some really great strategies since then.