Fall Camp 2022

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I know everybody has an off day here and there. The coaches and players should realize that fact also. But it seems as if they are feeling the need to report on it. I don’t want to hear about how much frikken juice they did or didn’t have because it doesn’t matter at all. If the players don’t have the “juice” occasionally, it doesn’t need to be mentioned. If they don’t have it a lot of the time then the coaches need to change things up. I’d rather have sunshine blown up my butt than listen to excuses why such and such unit or player struggled.

Every coach ever says this at some point though. Bo did, Frost did, etc.

24 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Every coach ever says this at some point though. Bo did, Frost did, etc.

I don’t recall TO ever saying the guys didn’t bring any juice today ;)  

Conversely, Riley didn’t need to say it because he supplied the juice boxes and sprinkles :lol:

Probably just me getting tired of the talking. All I care about is what they bring on Saturdays starting in a couple weeks.

• Haha 1

@JJ Husker gets it, @Moiraine gets it @Toe gets it

The juice is the energy level the players bring to practice and/or play a football game.

If things are feeling intense from the top to win (beat Northwestern, in Ireland - a business trip mentality) ...... then you are sucking out all the wind from student-athletes grinding and taking reps.  

The whole team needs to come to practice with a little swag and fun from time to time.  And as a coach, you do not need to be a part of it.  Just allow it from afar.  Like a leader that sees his group needing to loosen up, and be excited for a game played in Ireland.  Mistakes in practice will happen - even if you are the most intense m'fer alive.  Especially if your paycheck depends on it (the Win's).

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Forget there was a scrimmage today.

Sweet catch by Fr. Janiran Bonner and a nice throw too.

I don't think I ever noticed the outdoor practice field is natural grass which is interesting since the stadium is Field Turf.

They also have a Field Turf outdoor practice field.  Good to have both.

14 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Forget there was a scrimmage today.

Sweet catch by Fr. Janiran Bonner and a nice throw too.

I don't think I ever noticed the outdoor practice field is natural grass which is interesting since the stadium is Field Turf.

Need to have natural grass practice and FieldTurf practice fields so they can prepare for both field types. The Ireland field is a grass field so that’s why the final scrimmage was done on the grass field. I would also think that if it’s very hot weather, they would use the grass field because it’s a cooler (temp wise) surface than Field Turf

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Mavric said:

Purdy also continues to do good thing but Thompson still holding down the staring spot after the scrimmage today.

As one expected but hopefully we have 2 QBs, fairly equally able and ready to run the offense in similar ways.  I suspect so.   Be the first time is a long time (Pelini at times??).  Less worry about injury and therefore more able to leave those green jerseys in the lockers.