Frost Warning has been issued

6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I like this.  Recruiter, no BS.  Can he scheme from the head position?  Not sure, but only one way to tell...

Unique thing here would be, he can just be the CEO and recruit. Besides Defense, Whipple should be able to navigate the offense the rest of the year.

5 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Does Chin go with Scott?

His scheme was absolutely awful today.  And they're best friends.

Yeah I would say so. I was hopeful of that guy when Frost brought him, but he really hasn't done all that much. Last year's defense was alright, seemed physical at times, but it was the offense that continually let that unit down. But this year, the defense seems to have taken a huge step back. They look more like a Big12 type defense than a Big Ten type defense. These backward steps are inexcusable when your 5 years into your build. 

I was completely unimpressed by the entire defense. 

I think if we make a mid-season change, it is helpful that we have a guy like Whipple on staff, who has a history of being a head coach. I like the idea of him just taking over the entire offense and Joseph can take the CEO role, continue to recruit, and continue to try and keep this ship afloat behind the scenes. Then when hiring, Joseph should be a top candidate and if he doesn't get the head coaching job, he should most certainly still be on staff. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sucking so bad when no other games are on is not going to help Frost. If you simply google "Fire Scott Frost" you will see the entire college football world agrees he needs to go.

That onside kick and then going on to lose yet another one possession game is all that is needed to sway those who were on the fence and still in Frost's corner. I wanted Frost to work, I was fine with keeping him, but knew that this year was his make it or break it year and he was given ample amount of time to get things going. But it has been the same results over and over. It isn't going to change and that is what makes this season so painful. Sure there is a lot left, and technically yes we could win 6 or 7 games still to get to a bowl game, but since history continues to repeat itself, I don't see that happening. And even if it does, there will need to be enormous improvement to show he has become better as a coach because that onside kick is going to loom all year. Of course it is going to take enormous imrpovement just to get to 6 wins. This entire team looks smaller and weaker compared to some of the teams of previous years. We got bullied by Northwestern.

2 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

That onside kick and then going on to lose yet another one possession game is all that is needed to sway those who were on the fence and still in Frost's corner. I wanted Frost to work, I was fine with keeping him, but knew that this year was his make it or break it year and he was given ample amount of time to get things going. But it has been the same results over and over. It isn't going to change and that is what makes this season so painful. Sure there is a lot left, and technically yes we could win 6 or 7 games still to get to a bowl game, but since history continues to repeat itself, I don't see that happening. And even if it does, there will need to be enormous improvement to show he has become better as a coach because that onside kick is going to loom all year. Of course it is going to take enormous imrpovement just to get to 6 wins. This entire team looks smaller and weaker compared to some of the teams of previous years. We got bullied by Northwestern.

We have the easiest schedule in Frost's 5 seasons here, so getting to 6 or 7 wins should not be difficult.  I am curious the odds of getting to 7 wins this year after today's loss.  I was not in agreement with Trev's decision to retain Frost.  He was really hoping new assistants could change the trajectory of the program, but if the man at the top still sucks, nothing is going to change.

Nebraska is going to have to pay very big for their next coach if they want to get a big name coach. I think Nebraska has done a decent job of showing patience with Frost, but everyone will say, "Frost only got that amount of time because of who he is." Meaning the next coach is going to have to look at this and be confident they can turn this thing around in 4 years or less. But our expectations are no longer that of what they were when we hired Callahan. We will take a bowl appearance within the first two years. By year 3 our expectations may be 7 wins. That should be attainable, especially with NIL.

Unlike Pelini and maybe even Riley, I don't know if you are going to get a lot of locker room push back with a new staff. I just don't feel like there is this big connection in the locker room with Frost, maybe the writing of this was on the wall when we lost a ton of skilled players over the years.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Does Chin go with Scott?

His scheme was absolutely awful today.  And they're best friends.

Everyone goes after Black Friday.  Only Scott goes in October.  At least that seems like where this thing is headed.   Outside of maybe MJ and BB, I can’t think of anyone a new HC would consider retaining.   But this is Nebraska, so all bets are off.   

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

We have the easiest schedule in Frost's 5 seasons here, so getting to 6 or 7 wins should not be difficult.  I am curious the odds of getting to 7 wins this year after today's loss.  I was not in agreement with Trev's decision to retain Frost.  He was really hoping new assistants could change the trajectory of the program, but if the man at the top still sucks, nothing is going to change.

I supported it because he made the changes and the hope was there. It was worth the gamble in my opinion. A gamble that now surely seems lost, but I think it was Alberts move to show that when the time came to hire a new coach he could show them that he did give the previous guy time and opportunity to fix things. If it worked out, great! If it didn't, well, at least Alberts gave the coach time and opportunity. Retaining Frost was a longterm play for NU.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

IF Frost gets fired I would hire the person we should have in 2014....Chris Petersen. 

Yes this was the person I wanted during Pelini's final 2 seasons.  He would have been a great selection back then and still could be a transitional pick just to get this program back to some level of respectability.