It's Already Started - Let's Assist Trev & The University

12 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Well lucky for that the next two wins SHOULD be wins which will reignite the excitement of the fanbase. Then Oklahoma comes to town which will be an automatic sell out. So the sellout streak is intact through September. Fire Frost in October if the record remains at 2 wins and maybe that keeps the sellout going because people will be understanding that the program is going to try a new direction.

Actually after I typed that I don't think the sell out streak survives this year.

It’s over brother

59 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

The wild thing is, on paper Frost was a grand slam hire. He should've worked out and it's worrisome that he didn't. Our next step is to go after an established elite coach, or at least an established successful coach who has coached in the Big Ten.

You are so right about Frost being the best choice.  There wasn't much of a reason not to hire him.  He'd just won a national championship with a school that hadn't been anything before he came along.  There was not a single name anybody could think of that was better to pick than Frost.  

We need to solve what happened before we hire a new coach just to have the same thing happen again.  Something went wrong and we need to know what that was.  

None of this makes any sense.  On paper, Frost was almost perfect.  So what was missed?  

Or is this a case where we need to keep him and develop him like some kind of long-term investment?  Maybe in another few years we'll get a winning season?  

If Frost fails and is fired, who would come to Nebraska to coach, and would they be any good?  If the Golden Child fails, and we know he's a good coach because he's already proven so in previous teams, then what hope does another coach have in the same seat?  

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No he didn't.   It was a huge risk at best.  The competent decision would have been breaking in a new coach with a manageable schedule.

Instead he set the program back even further to save some money.  

I agree he didn’t “have to”, but I believe he made the best decision he could of.  He still has to play politics.

when he cuts Frost loose, which I’m guessing is about halfway through conference, no one can say he didn’t give SF a chance.  Trev minimized the blow financially.

I doubt anyone questions him come October.

• Plus1 4

Over the next two weeks we'll look decent against crappy competition and the fans will be given a false sense of hope... then OU will come to town and it'll be another disappointing loss and the "fire Frost" talk will start again. Trev tried to give Scott the benefit of the doubt by forcing his hand and telling him that changes had to be made. He was hoping that the coordinators were the problem, not Scott himself. He was wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Over the next two weeks we'll look decent against crappy competition and the fans will be given a false sense of hope... then OU will come to town and it'll be another disappointing loss and the "fire Frost" talk will start again. Trev tried to give Scott the benefit of the doubt by forcing his hand and telling him that changes had to be made. He was hoping that the coordinators were the problem, not Scott himself. He was wrong.

We have to hope he did know Frost was the problem, but he was appeasing boosters and admin by keeping him.  If he truly didn't know Frost was the problem, and he gets to hire the next guy, we are screwed. 

50 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

He had to bring him back.  Trev pulled off a pretty awesome deal in my opinion.

what will seal the deal is the sellout streak.  

I think this team barely makes a bowl.  After today, I don’t think that’s enough.

This. 

TA saved 7.5 million by bringing him back for the non conference schedule.

it was always, “you’ll figure it out or we fire you for ‘cheap’”

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Terrabus said:

You are so right about Frost being the best choice.  There wasn't much of a reason not to hire him.  He'd just won a national championship with a school that hadn't been anything before he came along.  There was not a single name anybody could think of that was better to pick than Frost.  

We need to solve what happened before we hire a new coach just to have the same thing happen again.  Something went wrong and we need to know what that was.  

None of this makes any sense.  On paper, Frost was almost perfect.  So what was missed?  

Or is this a case where we need to keep him and develop him like some kind of long-term investment?  Maybe in another few years we'll get a winning season?  

If Frost fails and is fired, who would come to Nebraska to coach, and would they be any good?  If the Golden Child fails, and we know he's a good coach because he's already proven so in previous teams, then what hope does another coach have in the same seat?  

This was my line of thinking prior to this game vs Northwestern, but seeing yet another failed season is looming and the same problems continue, I think the problem here is Frost doesn't develop players. Trying to think, I don't know of many players who have actually developed and gotten better over their time at Nebraska. If they are good, they transfer. A. Martinez actually regressed since his Freshman season. 

Now you'd think with the list of new coaches there may be some development and there still may be some development as the year goes on. That first quarter things looked good, except the OLine continues to be a weak link. But Nebraska has not had one key player get better throughout their time at NU. They either transfer out, regress, or just simply don't do anything. I can't name a star Nebraska RB since Frost got here besides W. Robinson and he left. Also another interesting thing with Frost, all the transfers he's lost since he has been here. We as fans equated that to those players just aren't buying into the system and good riddance, but maybe there is something there that we don't see that the players do.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Terrabus said:

This argument that nobody else would come if we fire a coach after 5 consecutive unsuccessful seasons is beyond me. Please tell me what other program in the top 10 wins all time would keep a coach with Frost's record.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

This argument that nobody else would come if we fire a coach after 5 consecutive unsuccessful seasons is beyond me. Please tell me what other program in the top 10 wins all time would keep a coach with Frost's record.

Keep trying or you might as well shut the program down. For Frost and offer people the job. Simple as that.

4 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

That's not my argument at all.

My argument is if a coach coming off a national championship can't make it work after five seasons then maybe it's not the coach and maybe there's something wrong with the school.  Maybe there's something about the program.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Terrabus said:

My argument is if a coach coming off a national championship can't make it work after five seasons then maybe it's not the coach and maybe there's something wrong with the school.  Maybe there's something about the program.

It's both.

4 hours ago, Terrabus said:

I get what your saying. But we can go through each season and point out more than one loss where they blame is directly on frost making bad decisions. 

a few of those games could have sent us bowling. While it's still not where we want to be, it's a much different feeling about where the program is if we have a free bowl games under frost

• Plus1 1