Northwestern Play-by-Play

Mavric

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I think Thompson forced some throws in the second half.  But I have no idea why he didn't cut this one loose.  Your primary guy in single coverage deep?  All day.

Chuck it 50 yards and the worst that happens is the same as punting from your own end zone.

About the time the WR is breaking open, he had a defender close to him  he might have thought he couldn’t step into the throw. 

One of the better holes opened by the OL ... not that that is the biggest achievement.

Maybe a good example of the change from Austin to Raiola.  Word was Austin wanted guys getting to the second level fast.  Raiola wants to get movement on the down guys first then work up.  Not that they got a ton of movement but Hixson doubles and it almost looks like he starts to climb but then the ILB isn't really showing so he keeps pushing on his double.  Probably got the hole open better.

This is one that I wonder if people are calling a drop by Palmer but isn't. 

You can't catch all of these but Palmer had a couple chances to make a tough play and couldn't.  Would be nice for your stud to go make a play for you.

Although considering it was again single coverage on the deep post I wonder if this pass is out in front of Palmer if he outruns the guy.  Thompson was pressured.