Big Noon Kickoff In Lincoln

SDHUSKER

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did they seriously stop allowing students to tailgate there?

They did!

I think it only went on for one season, not sure though.

But yes, they stopped it.  I did not know it was even a thing and me and some friends were walking from O street across campus and walked through that area and I was shocked, it looked awesome there were tons of people, it is in a much "safer" location...but yeah...they squashed it after finding out that the students were drinking.

I am guessing a few crazies reported that drinking was going on.

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They did!

I think it only went on for one season, not sure though.

But yes, they stopped it.  I did not know it was even a thing and me and some friends were walking from O street across campus and walked through that area and I was shocked, it looked awesome there were tons of people, it is in a much "safer" location...but yeah...they squashed it after finding out that the students were drinking.

I am guessing a few crazies reported that drinking was going on.

That's ridiculous.  The University knew they were drinking there all along.  My son took me there once with his frat and I didn't see anything out of line that would cause a problem.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The one time I saw it, it looked well organized and totally okay.

I was in Lincoln last October for the Purdue game.  I was walking around campus with my son on Friday evening, before having dinner with my nephew.  When we met my nephew, I asked him about the tents set up in the grass near the Union.  His response was "Yeah, that was great for the first game, but when the University people went through and found all the beer cans and booze bottles in the garbage cans, they totally changed it the next week."

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was in Lincoln last October for the Purdue game.  I was walking around campus with my son on Friday evening, before having dinner with my nephew.  When we met my nephew, I asked him about the tents set up in the grass near the Union.  His response was "Yeah, that was great for the first game, but when the University people went through and found all the beer cans and booze bottles in the garbage cans, they totally changed it the next week."

It is unreal...

That is such a great spot for that kind of stuff and it looked cool, just the layout of it made it look impressive.

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is unreal...

That is such a great spot for that kind of stuff and it looked cool, just the layout of it made it look impressive.

It looked like a mini-version of Ole Miss's Grove, and when the weather is great, it's always better to hang out on a grass area rather than a concrete parking lot.  Plus, being in the center of campus adds to the environment.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It looked like a mini-version of Ole Miss's Grove, and when the weather is great, it's always better to hang out on a grass area rather than a concrete parking lot.  Plus, being in the center of campus adds to the environment.

Exactly!  It looked great and that location is awesome.  I don't know how they did the allocation of tents, maybe that pissed people off or something.