Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

when it's shown that he hasn't done anything better than other coaches that were hired around the same time.

When you disregard the transfers yeah hasnt done anything better. But the only problem with that is coach prime said he's focusing on the transfer portal. lol

Flipping the #1 db isn't better than anything any other coach has done?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, BigRigX said:

When you disregard the transfers yeah hasnt done anything better. But the only problem with that is coach prime said he's focusing on the transfer portal. lol

Flipping the #1 db isn't better than anything any other coach has done?

Other teams have gotten good players too. Not surprised a good db is enticed by neon. 

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, there's no reason to dismiss it and call someone small minded because they lived it, know the experience and why fans like me really don't like CU.  Deion and his fans, at this point, are nothing but annoying.  He hasn't done anything to warrant the worshiping some people have.  They talk about how awesomely great he's done since he's been there.....when it's shown that he hasn't done anything better than other coaches that were hired around the same time.

Thank you.  He clearly missed the point for what he is rabbling about.

My point is that if you weren't around or living in real time with Albert Einstein, Martin Luther King, Frederic Chopin, Mahatma Gandhi, Immanuel Kant, FDR, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, Elvis Pressley, Muddy Waters, etc,.... it doesn't give a person the right to proclaim they are young and to act ignorant about history.

It makes a person look unintelligent to say, "I am young, whatever happened before my time I don't care about, and it means nothing because I didn't witness it live, during my time". 

Learn some history.  NU vs CU has football history whether you were there or not, or like it or not. Maybe learn why CU hates the color red and everything about Nebraska, and how that came to be.  And read how Nebraska football was coerced into a rivalry game for building up relevance.  

You don't have to embrace it because you were not there in real time, but there is no reason to dismiss it like @BigRedBuster said.  

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BigRigX said:

None of those coaches hired around the same time got a five-star player. Is that not better?

Sure.  You got me there.  Look at the overall ranking of all players brought in. It’s not much different than ours. 

So, one player qualifies for people to fawn all over him like he’s Gods gift to college football. 

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, there's no reason to dismiss it and call someone small minded because they lived it, know the experience and why fans like me really don't like CU.  Deion and his fans, at this point, are nothing but annoying.  He hasn't done anything to warrant the worshiping some people have.  They talk about how awesomely great he's done since he's been there.....when it's shown that he hasn't done anything better than other coaches that were hired around the same time.

Small minded in the sense that “some batch of husker fans… drooling over CU” was directed at me. I don’t believe being a fan should mean I should adopt a feeling I don’t share. And idk why it’s so hard for people to be honest with what’s going on. The man isn’t getting credit that any other splash hire gets. Oregon played decent football and recruited well but nobody cares who there coach is until he wins. If Deion could get constant media coverage at Jackson st what did y’all expect would happen at a bigger school? He’s not gods gift to anything he’s just a brand who’s getting the attention he has been getting since college. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

Thank you.  He clearly missed the point for what he is rabbling about.

My point is that if you weren't around or living in real time with Albert Einstein, Martin Luther King, Frederic Chopin, Mahatma Gandhi, Immanuel Kant, FDR, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, Elvis Pressley, Muddy Waters, etc,.... it doesn't give a person the right to proclaim they are young and to act ignorant about history.

It makes a person look unintelligent to say, "I am young, whatever happened before my time I don't care about, and it means nothing because I didn't witness it live, during my time". 

Learn some history.  NU vs CU has football history whether you were there or not, or like it or not. Maybe learn why CU hates the color red and everything about Nebraska, and how that came to be.  And read how Nebraska football was coerced into a rivalry game for building up relevance.  

You don't have to embrace it because you were not there in real time, but there is no reason to dismiss it like @BigRedBuster said.  

Please point out the part where I dismissed anything smart guy

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure.  You got me there.  Look at the overall ranking of all players brought in. It’s not much different than ours. 

So, one player qualifies for people to fawn all over him like he’s Gods gift to college football. 

So far is the cu class better?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
36 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Small minded in the sense that “some batch of husker fans… drooling over CU” was directed at me. I don’t believe being a fan should mean I should adopt a feeling I don’t share. And idk why it’s so hard for people to be honest with what’s going on. The man isn’t getting credit that any other splash hire gets. Oregon played decent football and recruited well but nobody cares who there coach is until he wins. If Deion could get constant media coverage at Jackson st what did y’all expect would happen at a bigger school? He’s not gods gift to anything he’s just a brand who’s getting the attention he has been getting since college. 

Oh….he’s getting the man love I thought he would get.  Still doesn’t mean he deserves it. 

• Plus1 1