Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It was really hard when Sanders joined the 49ers and I had to root for him. Or at least not against him.

It took my son running me through YouTube clips to get me to admit how good Deion really was. 

Yeah I forget as well.  He was pretty dynamic in college too but to play at a higher level in both the NFL and MLB at the same time.  It would be super cool to have another player do that again.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Either way, it is a big deal for them.  Clearly the hire, so far, has worked for CU.

Much the same way that the hire, so far, has worked for NU.

Colorado needed to hire a coach who would 1) generate a lot of interest in the program and 2) create a consistent winner.  Deion checks the first box, not sure if he will check the second box.

Nebraska already has enough interest from fans, it just needs to get back to consistent winning.  That's why Rhule was targeted and hired by Trev.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Colorado needed to hire a coach who would 1) generate a lot of interest in the program and 2) create a consistent winner.  Deion checks the first box, not sure if he will check the second box.

Nebraska already has enough interest from fans, it just needs to get back to consistent winning.  That's why Rhule was targeted and hired by Trev.

Super good point and living out there, CU probably needs to be what, 9 or 10 win team for a few years to generate any interest from the casual fan in the areas?

I have only been to Denver in the summers and there was zero Buff talk.

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Super good point and living out there, CU probably needs to be what, 9 or 10 win team for a few years to generate any interest from the casual fan in the areas?

No one care about anything besides the donkeys. The Nuggets are the #1 seed in the west and there is zero talk. The Avs won the Stanley Cup last year and the biggest news was signing Russel Wilson. They really do not care about college sports at all.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What I meant by "checking the box" it was more of what CU's priorities were in hiring a coach.  They needed any interest at all and Deion creates that, at least in the short-term.

My personal opinion is that Deion won't be interested in coaching for the long-term.  If he is able to create some hype in the CU program, and be a winner, it's a plus for CU.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What I meant by "checking the box" it was more of what CU's priorities were in hiring a coach.  They needed any interest at all and Deion creates that, at least in the short-term.

My personal opinion is that Deion won't be interested in coaching for the long-term.  If he is able to create some hype in the CU program, and be a winner, it's a plus for CU.

Have you noticed more CU talk out there since they hired Coach Prime?