Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

Plans for an early sneak peek at the Deion Sanders era with a Week 0 matchup between Colorado and Arizona State to open the 2023 season have been nixed, a source told 247Sports on Wednesday. Officials stepped in and halted progress after Sanders prematurely leaked news to ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit on College GameDay. Update (12:45 p.m. ET): The Pac-12 previously applied for a waiver to play a conference game in Week 0 but that request was denied by the Football Oversight Committee, sources told 247Sports. The waiver request centered on player health and the reality of teams playing games for nine straight weeks without an open date.

https://247sports.com/Article/Deion-Sanders-Week-0-game-Colorado-Buffaloes-Arizona-State-Sun-Devils-canceled-202680498/

On 12/21/2022 at 10:00 PM, TheSker said:

What will be interesting now is watching the decisions of Cormani McClain and Blake Purchase.

Purchase is the top ranked player in Colorado and verbal to Oregon.  Oregon flat out kicked a$$ today but I don't think Purchase signed.

If McClain ends up going CU both corners are 5* since Hunter has now committed.

It will also be interesting to see how Colorado fares on the field against USC before they join B1G.

Good call on McClain. Sounds like Bama is still trying to get him in the picture, and there’s still time. But if McClain is truly in CO right now then even that’s a pretty big win for Deion’s chances of landing the #1 CB a 2nd year in a row.

Gotta imagine they’ll be tough to throw on the next two years we play them. Their front 7 needs a ridiculous amount of help though and DBs can’t cover forever.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t see many people offended by it.  Quite frankly, they are making fun of it and explaining that it’s not necessary. 

Yeah that’s…..just juvenile. It’s not the yelling, it just shouldn’t be required for players at that level, maybe not at any level. Maybe CU is so out of it that they need the discipline drilled in, IDK. Every clip I see of their coaches, mostly Deion, it just seems like they’re going over the top for the camera. I hope this is their approach.

• Plus1 1