Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

18 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

They are playing a soundbite on local radio with Deion saying something along the lines of "Did you really think you could come and get what we got?" or something like that. It just made my skin crawl; it came across as so obnoxious and arrogant. 

His schtick is going to get really old really fast if/when the on field product doesn’t match his mouth. CU fans won’t make much of it, they’ll just revert back to not paying any attention. But some of the rest of us have something to look forward to.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

A few nights ago I watched the interview with Shannon Sharpe ("Shay Shay") on YouTube TV.  It's about 1 1/2 hr long. I like Sharpe a lot!  and Deion too..., so I recommend it.  Really good if you can't sleep but nothing good is on. 

Best if you can view it on your smart TV.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Still a very meh prep class (ranked #43 on 247), probably in part to the timing. From the outside looking in, I think Deion’s #1 goal is to get his QB son drafted and it was going to take some pretty ridiculous roster turnover to help with that, so I am not surprised to see them hitting the transfer portal hard. It’s actually probably much better than they currently are rated as several of their transfers don’t even have a rating yet including an all-American honorable mention TE from Arkansas State.

We will see if they can get some portal additions on defense because they’re going to need it just as bad. Still, it looks like a coach trying hard for a 1-2 year turnaround so he can leave for a better job and less like a coach setting up a great foundation, at least so far. Our #28th ranked prep recruiting class is setting us up for the long haul better in my opinion. Plus several of our transfers haven’t received a transfer rating yet either. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

Still a very meh prep class (ranked #43 on 247), probably in part to the timing. From the outside looking in, I think Deion’s #1 goal is to get his QB son drafted and it was going to take some pretty ridiculous roster turnover to help with that, so I am not surprised to see them hitting the transfer portal hard. It’s actually probably much better than they currently are rated as several of their transfers don’t even have a rating yet including an all-American honorable mention TE from Arkansas State.

We will see if they can get some portal additions on defense because they’re going to need it just as bad. Still, it looks like a coach trying hard for a 1-2 year turnaround so he can leave for a better job and less like a coach setting up a great foundation, at least so far. Our #28th ranked prep recruiting class is setting us up for the long haul better in my opinion. Plus several of our transfers haven’t received a transfer rating yet either. 

How can you come that conclusion so fast 

Man, if Colorado upsets TCU in their season opener, Huskerboard is going to freak out the entire week before we play them - even if we beat Minnesota.

Huskers in red-n-white take the field.... then Ralphie be rumbling onto the field with PRIME jogging behind him with his team....... :hellloooo:hellloooo

In other words, yall this is sooo good for college football RN !!!!  It's like having Barry Switzer f#&%ing with Nebraska psyche and every fan around before the game kicks off... 

It just sounds like so much fun that you wanna punch them all in the face lololol  :horns :bonez:bonez:power

CANNOT WAIT !!!!! chuckleshuffle

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, huskerfan702 said:

How can you come that conclusion so fast 

Maybe because CU is nobody’s destination job? With the exception of McCartney (who parlayed it into something more by circling the Nebraska game in Red) it’s always been a temporary or stepping stone job. I don’t think too many expect Deion to still be there in 4-5 years.

34 minutes ago, admo said:

Man, if Colorado upsets TCU in their season opener, Huskerboard is going to freak out the entire week before we play them - even if we beat Minnesota.

Huskers in red-n-white take the field.... then Ralphie be rumbling onto the field with PRIME jogging behind him with his team....... :hellloooo:hellloooo

In other words, yall this is sooo good for college football RN !!!!  It's like having Barry Switzer f#&%ing with Nebraska psyche and every fan around before the game kicks off... 

It just sounds like so much fun that you wanna punch them all in the face lololol  :horns :bonez:bonez:power

CANNOT WAIT !!!!! chuckleshuffle

51581658-e5fd-4c29-a57b-8b8e7a2ae514_tex

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe because CU is nobody’s destination job? With the exception of McCartney (who parlayed it into something more by circling the Nebraska game in Red) it’s always been a temporary or stepping stone job. I don’t think too many expect Deion to still be there in 4-5 years.

Rhule likely won't be at Nebraska in 4-5 years.  If he's successful, his resume history says he'll move on in that time frame.

• Thanks 1