Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well to be honest I mostly started posting Deion Sanders stuff when a bunch of local jackwagons made it clear that they hadn't followed his career since Neon Deion and didn't understand that he was, in fact, a legitimate D5 coaching candidate with a broad base of endorsements. They just hated him and called anyone passing Deion speculation along delusional fanboys. I thought the Deion haters were acting even weirder than the Deion lovers. Now they're following the action here? 

Here's how it worked for me:

I hated Deion Sanders when he played for the Atlanta Falcons. Hated that little hand behind the head ballet dance into the end zone. Hated all the bling and swagger that came with him.

Then Deion came to my San Francisco 49ers for the 1994 season. Still kinda hated him, but the f#&%er was good. We won the Super Bowl and I believe he was Defensive Player of the Year. He bolted the next year, which resolved my conflict. 

A couple years ago my son is into Madden and we start revisiting NFL greats on YouTube. I teach him about Gayle Sayers, Jim Brown and d!(k Butkus. He shows me why Deion Sanders really was one of the best at his position. He's right. You can't coach speed and Deion had it. But he also knew how to use it.

Then a couple months ago people start talking about Deion Sanders as head coaching material. I honestly hadn't followed his career at all. Surprised to see him in the coaching trenches, surprised to learn of his success at Jackson State, surprised to hear him talk about his coaching philosophy. He's now the anti-Deion, saying all the tough love team-oriented, smashmouth things you'd want to hear from a Nebraska coach. A lot of smart football folks also had a lot of good things to say about him.

So I changed my mind.

Still hate Colorado, though. 

Soooo…there’s still some wiggle room?

kermit-darkside.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Hey, didn't they banish this Deion thread to the hinterlands of Other Sports so the good people of HuskerBoard never had to see his name? 

No, it was not banished to the hinterlands. It was only moved to the appropriate forum. If you wish to discuss him with more posters you could always empower them by letting them know of the wonders beyond the football forum.

• TBH 2

8 hours ago, desertshox said:

No, it was not banished to the hinterlands. It was only moved to the appropriate forum. If you wish to discuss him with more posters you could always empower them by letting them know of the wonders beyond the football forum.

The important thing is that you followed us here. 

Obsessed about Deion Sanders much? 

Technically, Shox, this Deion Sanders thread was moved to Other Sports because Deion Sanders will not be coaching at Nebraska, and without Nebraska it's just Other Sports. Interestingly enough, the Coaching Carousel thread remains in the more popular Husker Football forum despite the fact that 100% of the conversation involves coaches, who like Sanders, will also not be coaching at Nebraska.

The reason for this discrepancy is that the mere thought of Deion Sanders gets some folks panties in a bunch. 

4 minutes ago, admo said:

@Guy Chamberlin hey I totally misunderstood lol.  You are good, No worries my friend

You're the best, Admo. Merry Christmas. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Technically, Shox, this Deion Sanders thread was moved to Other Sports because Deion Sanders will not be coaching at Nebraska, and without Nebraska it's just Other Sports. Interestingly enough, the Coaching Carousel thread remains in the more popular Husker Football forum despite the fact that 100% of the conversation involves coaches, who like Sanders, will also not be coaching at Nebraska.

The reason for this discrepancy is that the mere thought of Deion Sanders gets some folks panties in a bunch. 

You continue to misrepresent what happened and why.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If we can’t treat the CU Buffs coach like s#!t on HuskerBoard then life isn’t worth living. IMO

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

You continue to misrepresent what happened and why.

We were told all Deion Sanders mentions got quarantined in Other Sports because Deion Sanders had been hired by another school and wasn't part of the Nebraska conversation. 

At the same time, The Coaching Carousel continued in Husker Sports, filled with coaches not named Deion who also weren't part of the Nebraska conversation. 

If there's an honest explanation for that, I've yet to see it.

And if we're being honest — like we are in the Woodshed -- it's because some of our more influential members just can't stand the guy and really hated a couple of his most ardent supporters. 

It is heartening to see the Deion-haters seeking the thread out to continue the lively conversation they claimed they were sick of. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The important thing is that you followed us here. 

Obsessed about Deion Sanders much?

I didn't follow anyone here. I followed the discussion to its new home. As I said about empowering posters, I know there is more discussion than just the football forum.

Not obsessed about sCUmhc sanders at all. I've been reading this thread with amusement since it started.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We were told all Deion Sanders mentions got quarantined in Other Sports because Deion Sanders had been hired by another school and wasn't part of the Nebraska conversation. 

At the same time, The Coaching Carousel continued in Husker Sports, filled with coaches not named Deion who also weren't part of the Nebraska conversation. 

You were not told that.  That's what you want to believe.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If there's an honest explanation for that, I've yet to see it.

You have seen it.  You just ignored it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

You were not told that.  That's what you want to believe.

You have seen it.  You just ignored it.

A shiny dollar if you can show me the post explaining why Deion Sanders fits the criteria of Other Sports, while every other non-Nebraska coach doesn't. 

Or not. No big deal. But please stop implying that I'm making this s#!t up.