***Official 2023 College Football Thread***

suh_fan93

7 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

F4Oyc9HWYAAOCNr?format=jpg&name=large

Ok, #3, 4 and #6  I don't get.  

#5 Drake Maye - ok..  He was a top recruit committed to Alabama, but just like Mac Brown at North Carolina flipped QB Sam Howell from Florida State ($$$$$$)...  You know, somehow money talks.  Last year in his first year starting at Chapel Hill - 38 TDS, 7 picks, 4300 yards, 8.4 YPA, and 66% completion.  One more season and he will be in the NFL.

#7 JJ McCarthy - Michigan - after seeing him get better and play better, he is a pretty awesome QB to have.  I like his talent, he can move around, is quick, can throw.....  Michigan paid wisely for sure.  

#10 and #1 -  That has to be wrong.  The Starting QB at Texas making (not earning) $1.7 million dollars less than his backup.   Wow that's incredible  and insane if true.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, admo said:

Ok, #3, 4 and #6  I don't get.  

Bo Nix has a banner on the side of a skyscraper in Dalles.  One in New York is on the way.  Oregon is hyping him for a Heisman run.  He's also a mulit-year starter and has done relatively well.

Hunter was the #1 recruit in the country a year ago.  Pretty good name recognition for a guy who hasn't played a D1 snap.

Sanders is all name recognition.  Manning as well, for that matter.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Mavric said:

Bo Nix has a banner on the side of a skyscraper in Dalles.  One in New York is on the way.  Oregon is hyping him for a Heisman run.  He's also a mulit-year starter and has done relatively well.

Hunter was the #1 recruit in the country a year ago.  Pretty good name recognition for a guy who hasn't played a D1 snap.

Sanders is all name recognition.  Manning as well, for that matter.

Oh for sure, Bo Nix is a pretty good college player.  Did good at Auburn and even better at Oregon.  Do I think he is worth $1.7 mil in NiL?  I truly don't think so.  However, if he gets Oregon into the playoffs, then I will eat my words.  I think anything over $1 mil for him is too much.  And that seems pretty high IMO.  

Hunter - as one of the greatest rated recruits ever - if not ever - is still a cornerback that played one year at Jacksonville State.  No college corner is worth $1.5 mil in NIL.

Having said that - I think they could be worth that if that was the total sum for 3-4 years.  So here is where I am likely wrong, because I am strictly looking at the total amount and thinking for one season (per season).  So I could be wrong.  

On 8/26/2023 at 10:26 PM, Mavric said:

That reminded me of the time back in elementary. Must have been 5th grade and we're playing football at recess. I'm at QB scrambling to find someone open and I see one of my teammates wide open standing in the back of the end zone. No one around him. Only thing is this kid had a tendency to day dream quite a bit and he was just standing there blank faced. How he could run 10-15 yards, stop, and go into day dream mode that fast? I don't know, but he had a gift. Anyway, with him standing there like a statue staring blankly right at me, I rip off probably the best tight spiral of my life. I wouldn't say the hardest pass, but it had some good zip. And it hit him straight of the nose. Blood everywhere. Black and blue like Marcia Brady the next day. We didn't win the game that day, but damn that was a nice pass.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1