AlaSker

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brix commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to OT Grant Brix [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

On 11/27/2023 at 11:44 AM, Akees said:

Interesting that some view him as an OG and others as OT. Curious if Brix is truly 6'6, or if this is another Corcoran situation where a kid isn't even 6'5 but is listed as 6'6. 

I didn’t know it at the time, but my in-laws go to the same church as Grant and his family. Last summer we were visiting family and went to church. When we were waiting for everyone to take Communion, I saw this massive young man with his tall Mom, big younger brother, and tall and wide-shouldered Dad go forward for communion. After the service, my father-in-law leaned over and said, “That’s the Brix Boy.” Whether or not he’s 6’6”, I can’t say, but he’s huge and so is his Dad. And my father-in-law said they are a really nice family. If I see them at Christmas, I’ll be sure to tell him GBR!

• Oh Yeah! 2

This quote from his HS head coach the OWH article made me laugh:

“He’ll have to work on his pass pro and I can’t speak to that at all,” Straight said.

They only threw the ball 45 times all year. I've just never heard a coach say something like "can't speak to that at all" regarding something as basic as pass protection. But props for knowing what he knows, I feel like a lot of coaches would claim something like "his pass protection is incredible, we just don't need it" or some BS. I'd guess the lack of pass protection reps on film is a large part in some projecting him as an interior guy. I think he can be a tackle, but he's not going to be a day one starter there.

49 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

They only threw the ball 45 times all year. I've just never heard a coach say something like "can't speak to that at all" regarding something as basic as pass protection. But props for knowing what he knows, I feel like a lot of coaches would claim something like "his pass protection is incredible, we just don't need it" or some BS. I'd guess the lack of pass protection reps on film is a large part in some projecting him as an interior guy. I think he can be a tackle, but he's not going to be a day one starter there.

I don't know the guy but maybe he was making a joke because they only threw the ball 45 times.  Like yeah he'll have to work on it because we don't really do it.  

On 11/28/2023 at 9:44 PM, milehihusker said:

I didn’t know it at the time, but my in-laws go to the same church as Grant and his family. Last summer we were visiting family and went to church. When we were waiting for everyone to take Communion, I saw this massive young man with his tall Mom, big younger brother, and tall and wide-shouldered Dad go forward for communion. After the service, my father-in-law leaned over and said, “That’s the Brix Boy.” Whether or not he’s 6’6”, I can’t say, but he’s huge and so is his Dad. And my father-in-law said they are a really nice family. If I see them at Christmas, I’ll be sure to tell him GBR!

I talked to my brother-in-law who’s a former D2 football player and the OC for another high school in Logan-Magnolia’s conference. He said Grant Brix is huge but thinks a redshirt year would help him transition to the D1 level. 

There was someone in here comparing him to Tyler Blum. Not fair to Brix at all. I don't know Brix, but I knew Tyler and it's safe to say his work ethic was non existent early on. Extremely gifted, southpaw that would throw 88-94. However, he would also skip morning weights after his dad woke him up in HS. During the AA Game he got destroyed by Jerrell Powe and was never quite the same after the injury 

19 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

One way to look at this is that he’s going to take time to develop as a pass blocker. 

The other way to look at it is, he might not have bad habits and Raiola can teach him how he wants it done.  

He must have gone to enough camps to get a 4* rating.  Seems to me that at most camps pass blocking is the majority of the work going on.  He must of showed well enough for that rating.  He will obviously still need work because from his tape it doesn't look like he goes up against the largest of individuals so college might be a little shock when you have Nash and Ty lined up over you. 

I mentioned in another thread on the main football page.  But having Benhart and Scott stick around another year, possibly.  Would pay huge dividends in getting these younger guys a chance to learn and grow.  Getting back to the days that these incoming OL learned and beefed up for at least 2 years will be huge in the long run.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Grant Brix