Head Coach Wish List

rkhufu7

If he really is a guy Neb is researching I think they should just move-on. Bama did go for him back before they hired Shula and got shot-down.

USF is Leavitt's baby and it is on the cusp of national-power status I just don't see him leaving unless maybe the NFL calls. Though considering how many college coaches have tried the NFL just to come back, I think we'll see fewer guys looking to make that jump either.

You shared that you felt Bo Pelini would get us back to the pinacle faster than Turner Gil. Could I ask why you feel that way? Just curious.

TSL2

Bo Pelini has the best shot at being the next HC at Nebraska. TO really like's his passion and desire for the game. I know some feel that if he's very successful as a HC he would then bolt for the pros. Although that would suck, this is more and more the norm. If you all want a HC that won't bolt for the pro's if we get back to a national powerhouse, then you are going to want Turner Gill as HC. He'll be good, but I have a feeling it may take him awhile to get us back to the pinncale. Whereas Bo I feel would get us there quicker. :)

IMO, there are several reasons it would take Gill longer if ever. First, his only exposure has been here at NU and now at Buffalo. Pelini has been with I believe Green Bay as a LB coach, NU DC, OU co-DC, and now LSU DC. Pelini has been a lot more places and has made a lot more contacts in terms for assistants and for recruiting. Pelini has built some top notch D's which high school kids can relate to. What has Gill done that high school kids will relate to? Gill from what I've been told by past players is lazy.

In terms of picking assitants, the nod has to go to Pelini because of his exposure to different programs. The nod in terms of recruiting has to go to Pelini as well because of the same exposure. I like Gill as a person, but I don't want him as our next coach. I don't even know whether or not he'd be a very good OC.

I think he still wants the chance to prove himself in the NFL...with the Vick situation, you can't really blame him for the failures of this year...I think as long as they can get out from under the salary cap burden of Vick (apparently until they physically get the cash back from Vick they can't) he'll be eager to start fresh next year...

Anyone think that Nebraska could possibly get Bobby Petrino to take over next season? The guy got into a mess in Atlanta with a very bleak future ahead for the franchise. I think he would jump at the chance to get out of there before his career takes a hit, as the Falcons are in bad shape.

having your top qb kingpinning a dog fighting ring can't help either.

I just heard on 1620 that Bo is on campus again today. I don't know if it is true but that is what was said. "Bo is on campus right now" the other guy said "that was last week" then the first guy said "he has come back today"

So, I don't know what to think of this. <_<

THEY ARE MESSING WITH YOU! I'd think that's pretty obvious.

Your probably right. I haven't heard anymore about it.

They were joking around about the rumor mill.

I think were all just super anxious to find closure with Callahan & Co. It's all about semantics at this point & were just waiting for that to be worked out. I don't see it happening before Colorado (as much as I hate to say it) BUT I believe 100% without a doubt that Cally is gone & I think that's what we all want anyway.

I just want him to be more successful, which I think he can be. The quickest way for us to be back on top is these coaches stay, but the necessary changes are made (whatever those might be) so that our program can be a success. I have two reasons:

1. This year's recruiting class stays together. Any way you slice it, any way it happens, new coach equals new assistants which means all ties to this class are lost. This WILL equal a poor recruiting class (re-listen to TO's PC and he agrees with me).

2. Minimal transfers. Yes, these coaches have probably pissed some people off, and some transfers will occur. New coaches will mean more transfers which will mean more time to get the talent back.

I remember in the late 80's/early 90's when our D got consistently embarassed by the speed of the southern teams in bowl games (Florida schools specifically). We made changes that led to National Championships, and wow, we made these without any coaching changes. THAT is what I'd like to happen.

I just give it about a 0.1% of happening.

I haven't written him off yet either. I simply want a new defensive staff and possibly letting Watson calling the plays.

Are you people watching and listening to the same Husker games and post game shows I am? Players don't even like Clownahan nor do they believe in him or Coz. Those two need to go for sure.

:restore

Anyone think Norm Chow could be on a list of coaches to contact. He has been an assistant at the collegiat level for 32 years and is now with the Titans. He was with USC as the OC for 4 yrs before the jump to the NFL. Just thought he could be another name to add to the list.

Norm Chow went from USC to NC State then to the Titans. He has had several college head coaching offers and has declined them all. He feels comfortable as an assistant and plans to continue in that venue.