LB Quanzell Lambert [Rutgers Commit]

Nexus

Does he make the switch to N?

http://espn.go.com/n...ach-sources-say

I think we are full at LB, unless the staff wants to make room.

Given the complete lack of depth/talent at the position, if he wants in we take him, right?

Shark hit the nail on the head, he picked Rutgers not because of Schiano. Their class structure worked better for his major than ours did.

A big time athlete with a good head on his shoulders? Gotta respect it....

I know once Rose starting rating high at camps we cooled a bit on him. If I were a coach I'd probably fit him in and take one less LB next year. I think we'll end up having room for 23 guys in the class if CJ doesn't qaulify this spring we send him Juco and one of our current guys doesn't qualify.

Given the complete lack of depth/talent at the position, if he wants in we take him, right?

Shark hit the nail on the head, he picked Rutgers not because of Schiano. Their class structure worked better for his major than ours did.

maybe so.... but the coach leaving is a huge deal. i would certainly reconsider if I were him.

I wonder if his class schedule would stay the same all 4 years? Seems like a pretty major decision to make based on something like class scheduling - which at least for me in college changed semester to semester. Definately not something I could count on for 5 years anyway. And as a freshman he likely won't see much of the engineering department anyway. Hello Algebra 1, Psych, Comp, etc...

FWIW one of the recruting guys on ESPN were talking about what options kids had. They mentioned Fuller and said he's got lots of options as well as their top 3 or 4 guys already on board. Then he mentioned Lambert and 2 other guys and said they would need to pick up the phone and see if they could fix relationships with schools they told no and see if there is room. He thinks most of the class would like to be somewhere else if the coach leaves.

This has to be really tough on a kid who's built a relationship with a coach and his staff and been told how he's going to be part of a family only to wake up 5 days before signing day, turn on sportscenter and see that your future coach has moved to the NFL. Has to suck!