GT: Nebraska at Illinois - 8PM - BTN

Positives

The first half contributions of the role guys. Rivers, Smith and Benny kept it close in the first half

Negatives

Rebounding

Which leads to second chance points

Turnovers

Which led to points of turnovers

Not getting to the rim

Which leads to less. free throw attempts

Not playing within the offense

Which led to forcing real bad shots and not allowing key players to get intothe flow of the game

Really this isn't even much of a change from the rest of the season. We're 13-1 at home with the one loss by 1 point to the current B1G leaders. We're now 2-8 on the road with one win we scrapped out against a below-average NW team. It's really only the win at MSU where we played out of our minds that doesn't fit in with the rest of the season.

I think I don't understand basketball. Illinois is supposedly a team that would be lucky to make the NIT, but they were widely expected to win today?

I think the B1G is very competitive top-to-bottom this year - the Purdue team we beat by 19 Sunday had Michigan beat tonight. Unfortunately, when everyone is similar, that usually means no one is great. The B1G is very good at the top and down at the bottom but overall it's strong, just not with the national power teams it's had the last couple years.

Plus, save one game, the Huskers have not been very good on the road.

I felt like the guys just didn't move as one tonight. High screen and rolls that usually produce something got nothing. The pop action was covered up and the guards couldn't turn the corner against them. Illinois shot lights out from behind the line, that is against scouting report. They shot similar on Sunday, some teams just get on a hot steak from downtown.

Defensively was pretty good, really struggled rebounding. I think TP wasn't himself here tonight, he usually helps much more on the boards when neccesary. I really felt like Pitchford had a really rough outing tonight. Both ends of the floor wasn't good for him tonight. The guys needed this, maybe reading a little of their own hype. Best part about basketball, you can play your way into everything.

Tim Miles is a great hire, he is a great coach, and this thing is turning around faster than any of us could have imagined. I would have to break down film, but everything is an effort play tonight. The guys looked a little stressed. Re-focus can be great.

I am excited to watch this team for the first time in a long time. Go Huskers!

GO BIG RED!

Positives

The first half contributions of the role guys. Rivers, Smith and Benny kept it close in the first half

Negatives

Rebounding

Which leads to second chance points

Turnovers

Which led to points of turnovers

Not getting to the rim

Which leads to less. free throw attempts

Not playing within the offense

Which led to forcing real bad shots and not allowing key players to get intothe flow of the game

It sucks that your positive was also a negative. The defense was decent, but the breakdowns and the 3-pointers kept Illinois looking invincible. I know teams will have off-shooting nights, but all of the airballs and shots barely hitting the rim was a little disconcerting. I understand Nebraska isn't 'there' yet, but at one point I started thinking about when I used to play 'Mike Tyson's Punchout' on the Nintendo against 'Glass Joe.' I remember I almost had to try to let him win when I understood how easy it was to beat him. I don't know, maybe not the greatest reference in the world, but to me this was a very winnable game for NU, and we let them off the hook.