*** The Official Husker Football Coach Wish List ***

I'll throw some names in the ring, and I think before we get started, save your time and energy before you mention Jim Harbaugh, Jon Gruden, Nick Saban, etc. They're not coming here.

Todd Graham

He's made Arizona State into a really respectable program recently. I wonder if he could take us to the next level, or if he'd only be able to take us as far as Bo has.

Jim Mora

UCLA is a gritty, tough team these days. With Mora, I have some of the same questions as I would have with Graham.

David Shaw

He's an elite football mind, knows how to run a pro style offense with a power run game, and has fielded teams that are really tough to beat. Should be a top candidate. I just wonder if he would leave Stanford if we threw enough money at him.

Jim Mullen

It would be extremely hard to lure a top head coach away from an SEC school, but here's my case: He's taken an SEC bottom feeder program and turned them into a probable playoff team, possible national champ. That's damn impressive. But does he think he can consistently compete with Bama, LSU, Auburn, and the rest of the SEC every year? I'd think the opportunity to make more money, join a school with much more tradition and historical dominance, and have an opportunity to field championship caliber teams every year would be pretty attractive. He's worth a try.

Pat Fitzgerald

Anybody still thinking about him as a candidate? NW is having a down year, but they also don't have much talent. It would be interesting to see what he could do with a talented team for once.

Scott Frost

He wouldn't be my choice simply because we've already experimented bringing a coordinator in as head coach. But his name should be in the ring.

Add more as you please.

Willie Fritz- Georgia Southern

Jeff Monken-Army

Both are proven winners at lower schools. Monken did well at GS and is a Paul Johnson student IIRC.

I like Mora. Watching UCLA tonight it is hard not to like what he has done in 3 short years....

Your other choices are good. Unsure if we could lure a big name from a successful program to NU to "get us there".

Jeff Monken-Army

Both are proven winners at lower schools. Monken did well at GS and is a Paul Johnson student IIRC.

I like Mora. Watching UCLA tonight it is hard not to like what he has done in 3 short years....

Your other choices are good. Unsure if we could lure a big name from a successful program to NU to "get us there".

Mora, to me, isn't realistic. I know, I know, "Wish List....."

but, his resources at UCLA are way more attractive than Nebraska.

Craig Bohl would be my first choice.

(I won't go into details here because I posted plenty in the rumor thread. You can go there to see my reasonings why I would like this hire.)

Scott Frost would be my second choice.

- And to anyone who says that they don't want another head coach who has no head coaching experience, let me remind you that neither did Tom Osborne before he got the head coaching job from Bob Deavney.

Tom Osborne was 36 years old when he became head coach at Nebraska! He only had 4 years offensive coordinator experience before that.

• Fire 1

Jeff Monken-Army

Both of these coaches would be interesting & intriguing hires if Nebraska goes this route. I would love to see what they could do with their Flexbone Option / Wingbone Option philosophies.

They could definitely get a recruiting pipeline going from Millard North high school in Omaha who has been running the Flexbone Option Offense since the days before Eric Crouch.

Jeff Monken-Army

Both of these coaches would be interesting & intriguing hires if Nebraska goes this route. I would love to see what they could do with their Flexbone Option / Wingbone Option philosophies.

They could definitely get a recruiting pipeline going from Millard North high school in Omaha who has been running the Flexbone Option Offense since the days before Eric Crouch.

I wouldn't mind those choices, so as long as you recruit the nastiest lineman you can find. Meaning, BIG, midwestern beef. Along with finding a road grating o-line coach that understands the offense.

I want a proven head coach that has shown he can do well and put staffs together.

These first 4 guys we should be able to get:

Jim McElwain

Mark Hudspeth

Doc Holliday

Willie Fritz

Next 4 guys are worth a call to see interest:

Gary Patterson

Dan Mullen

Jerry Kill

David Shaw

All these guys should realize they could make more $ and be in a division that is easier than where they currently are, so yes while the expectation is that we play for conference championships, these guys should realize they would have a better road with Nebraska to do that consistently. Kill would be in same division with an upgraded program.

To me it comes down to two people:

1) [insert name of coach who will run a simple punishing power-run offense with lots of I-formation sets, fullbacks, tight ends, and ginormous offensive linemen along with a simple hard-hitting, attacking defense, preferably a 3-4]

2) Scott Frost (if only because you're guaranteed to get a coach who will embrace the fans, media, culture, and history of the program)