What % of Husker Football players do you think drink or smoke during season?

I would be interested to know what peoples thoughts are on this...If have about 120 kids on the team I would think that it would break down like this...

Percentage that drink during the season: 90%

Percentage that smoke during the season: 70%

What do you think?

Also...I have never been one to care if they do this stuff during the season and I think it is because I remember going to school at NU when I would see all those guys out at bars or partying doing all this stuff and winning tons of games.

I think you are way high. I think the perception is higher because you hear about the worst case scenarios. I would think the drinking rate is lower for athletes just because they try to take care of their bodies better.

65% Drink

15% Smoke

I think that the smoking rate would be high because it doesn't seem to "hurt" the body like drinking does...but you could be wrong and I could be way off.

I would say drinking would be anywhere from 75-90%, which is probably in line with the typical college population.

Smoking is a tough one. Not to make it a race thing, but smoking dope for young, black men is a lot more common that smoking dope for young white guys. But, now smoking dope is a lot more common overall among "kids". I would say smoking dope is at least 50%.

I can't care less what the percentages are. Don't get caught. Don't be stupid. Don't let it affect your game.

I am 100% with you on that. Not the % part, I like that part...but I am 100% with you on the "don't get caught, don't be stupid and don't let it affect your game" I think most of us would agree with that.

If everybody on the team is 18 years or older, then they are not "kids".

Do you think any Marine Drill Instructor at Parris Island calls the recruits "kids"?

Do you think any recruit that graduates from Parris Island would suffer being called "a kid"?

Just because these young men play games instead of work for a living or serve their country, let's not belittle them by saying they aren't adults.

If everybody on the team is 18 years or older, then they are not "kids".

Do you think any Marine Drill Instructor at Parris Island calls the recruits "kids"?

Do you think any recruit that graduates from Parris Island would suffer being called "a kid"?

Just because these young men play games instead of work for a living or serve their country, let's not belittle them by saying they aren't adults.

I think it depends on the age of the person using the term "kid". My 90 year old grandfather still calls me a kid and I am almost 40.