Heisman Trophy 2015

Mavric

The numbers are going to be skewed if you factor in that a lot of those touches are KRs -- plays that lend themselves to being high yardage, even though a 15-yard KR is mediocre while a 15yard run is great.

That said, this guy is extraordinary. He does it all for Stanford and they rely on him heavily. I guess that Derrick Henry guy must also be something else.

• Fire 1

Henry looks like a man vs boys to me, almost a Herschel Walker. 460 yards on 90 carries his last two games. What was that about carrying a team? That total yards number is BS with kickoff returns. McC did have a few more yards from scrimmage including receiver, but Henry had 23 TDs vs 12 for McCaffrey. Henry is the most impressive I've seen, but I didn't see as much of those other guys to really compare. If I had a vote I'd have been watching a lot more closely, but my thought actually was WOW, this guy is the best player in the country!

Henry is a big favorite right now, and it would be surprising for him to lose.

Two things to note:

Alabama is an ok team in a pretty poor year. I don't have any big problem with their top 4 status, but I recognize this isn't one of their better teams of late. They do one thing really well, and that is their truly elite level rush defense. They can simply take you out of any idea you may have had of rushing the ball. That covers up a lot of holes, but most significantly, it means they are usually ahead in games. Alabama has had the opportunity to feature Henry as much as they want in meaningful action.

Secondly, and in particular respect to teams like Clemson and Stanford, Alabama is on prime television a lot. Good time slots, good networks, and many eye balls. Stanford had 7 games start later than 7 pm pacific time! Tough to win voters if they're asleep.

Henry looks like a man vs boys to me, almost a Herschel Walker. 460 yards on 90 carries his last two games. What was that about carrying a team? That total yards number is BS with kickoff returns. McC did have a few more yards from scrimmage including receiver, but Henry had 23 TDs vs 12 for McCaffrey. Henry is the most impressive I've seen, but I didn't see as much of those other guys to really compare. If I had a vote I'd have been watching a lot more closely, but my thought actually was WOW, this guy is the best player in the country!

5.1 ypc. Meh