A man you can bait with a Tweet

I wonder if Trump citing Dershowitz as an actual legal defense on Twitter had anything to do with Toobin finally doing this.

About time someone said something to Dershowitz, IMO. I thought he was supposed to be a Democrat, but all I've seen since Trump was elected was going on TV news to rail against the Russia investigation. I agree with Toobin that he's been carrying water for Trump, because every single time I've heard him on TV it's been the investigations into Trump.

He calls himself a civil libertarian, which he claims gives him the credentials to criticize the law. But then I don't know what his prescription for this situation is. Basically don't investigate Trump or allow some half-assed, ham-fisted sham of a Congressional investigation suffice. Because that's all we're getting from this Congress.

Waiting out 8 years of a Trump presidency may be fine for Dersh as a wealthy white male, but the rest of us can't afford that type of damage to the U.S.

• Plus1 2

Wanted to see how the weekend rolled ... so these start late on Friday.  He was supposedly ready to veto (because the folks on Fox were talking about how the Dem's won with the deal, so suddenly he was bitter about it) but was told he couldn't go to Miralago if he shut the government down.  Quotes from insiders said his response was "F that".  And then this tear.

And then this on Saturday afternoon .... note the absolute absence of any comments, support or acknowledgement of what was happening across the US and the world with regard to gun control in the US.  

And now it's Sunday, the day of Stormy, so I'm sure his staff will get him into a golf cart pretty quick, but I anticipate a flurry of distracting tweets ... although he's been uncharacteristically quiet about this topic.  Odd isn't it?

Edited by NM11046