A man you can bait with a Tweet

However, like I said, this would not be anywhere close to the problem it is if he hadn't just spent the last 12-18 months childishly bullying everyone from other candidates, to the press, to SNL, to sexual assault accusers on twitter.

Or if people hadn't endorsed his bullying by electing him president.

However, like I said, this would not be anywhere close to the problem it is if he hadn't just spent the last 12-18 months childishly bullying everyone from other candidates, to the press, to SNL, to sexual assault accusers on twitter.

Or if people hadn't endorsed his bullying by electing him president.

Yeah....but.....unfortunately, that's the reality we live in now.

I still have some days I wake up hoping this was just a very bad practical joke.

If 2016 was crazy enough to see us actually elect Donald Trump, maybe it's crazy enough to see an Electoral College revolt.

That's what I'm hoping for. Then we could scrap the whole election and start over.

There is a part of me that believes America needs to live through what they have set in motion so they learn a lesson.

If the Electoral College revolted and did what you say, about 40% of America would rush to Breitbart and Infowars to learn what is "really going on" and we would have riots in the streets.

If we allow this imbecile to actually take office and unfortunately do what I think he is capable of doing, HOPEFULLY enough of his followers will be woke up to their mistake.

I know...it's wishful thinking.

The best case is that the Republican electors who break ranks multiply something like twentyfold from the two there are now, and send Trump below 270 -- so that the Republican-controlled House will have to go and elect him anyway.

The House would not do otherwise. There is no way that anyone else will pass 270, unless it's Hilary, and nobody is breaking ranks in her favor.

Trump will be the President. But nonetheless, a strong showing of opposition from the electors would be encouraging to me in this extraordinary circumstance, and force the House to do it themselves. It would be one more strong signal of opposition, and an event that would greatly weaken the political capital of the incoming administration to a common benefit.

• Fire 1

If 2016 was crazy enough to see us actually elect Donald Trump, maybe it's crazy enough to see an Electoral College revolt.

That's what I'm hoping for. Then we could scrap the whole election and start over.

BIDEN! BIDEN! BIDEN!

I just watched his Colbert appearance and cried.

No lesson will be learned from this no matter how bad things get.

Trump's sheep ignored or believed every lie he told. Why would they not believe his lies 4 years from now, e.g.:

"It isn't my fault we nuked New Zealand in 2018. I didn't physically launch/drop it myself. The person who did it should've understood I was speaking figuritively."

His sheep will just be convinced to blame someone else. Like the Mexicans.

• Fire 4

Trump's enemies always "deserve" it.

I don't think something that bad will happen. My fear is what happens when it doesn't. Because then the lesson is that none of this matters, Trump was OK, he can say or do all of those things and we should all just chill out about it. That would be a body blow to the ability of American voters to resist outright demagoguery.

No lesson will be learned from this no matter how bad things get.

Trump's sheep ignored or believed every lie he told. Why would they not believe his lies 4 years from now, e.g.:

"It isn't my fault we nuked New Zealand in 2018. I didn't physically launch/drop it myself. The person who did it should've understood I was speaking figuritively."

His sheep will just be convinced to blame someone else. Like the Mexicans.

He could announce "I'm cancelling all future elections" and half the country would be down for the cause.

• Fire 1

So about 20 mins after a Carrier guy was on CNN clarifying that only 700 jobs were saved by Trump, and that there are people still losing their jobs our President elected tweeted this:

So, poor business leadership is the reason companies leave the US? I guess that explains why Trump's companies manufacture goods outside of the US. #UnpopularDonnie #TrumpLogic #Sad

• Fire 2

Not surprising.

Historical context: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/the-bogus-claim-that-obama-skips-his-intelligence-briefings/2012/09/22/100cb63e-04fc-11e2-8102-ebee9c66e190_blog.html?utm_term=.921d548135be

Trump of all people could benefit from these things. But frankly I'm terrified of how he might respond.

A better idea would have been not to make him President, the guy in charge. In the same way a ten year old or a college kid or some other person totally lacking in foreign policy grounding.