A man you can bait with a Tweet

To be honest, the guy has lived in a cocoon of NYC where if you need to do business with him, you didn't criticize or make fun of him. If you didn't want to do business with him, you pretty much ignored him.

He isn't used to this type of open criticism or people making fun of him. His ego is the biggest hurdle for him to get over. If he doesn't, it's going to be a miserable 4 years for him.

It will be interesting if he makes it all four years. I think when he sees and learns of not getting his way, he can't bully, checks and balances and the 24,7 media he will come up with a claim that something needs his saving and Pence can handle the gig, his followers will believe it and it will be viewed in their opinion has a "missed chance" or bullied by the left.

This is exactly why I have no idea how come so many people are acting like such #Basics...sooooo much drama in the LBC it's kinda hard be Trump D O Double G.

Let me clarify...I know EXACTLY why people are so filled with drama it just makes little sense.

I think people are being way less dramatic than you think they are.

That said, the Republicans have already turned the other cheek on Trump's conflicts of interest because he's not a Democrat. What else will they ignore or fall in line with?

Maybe...or maybe not.

Probably....because that's how party politics works.

Sorry...I was referencing the drama

To be honest, the guy has lived in a cocoon of NYC where if you need to do business with him, you didn't criticize or make fun of him. If you didn't want to do business with him, you pretty much ignored him.

He isn't used to this type of open criticism or people making fun of him. His ego is the biggest hurdle for him to get over. If he doesn't, it's going to be a miserable 4 years for him.

It will be interesting if he makes it all four years. I think when he sees and learns of not getting his way, he can't bully, checks and balances and the 24,7 media he will come up with a claim that something needs his saving and Pence can handle the gig, his followers will believe it and it will be viewed in their opinion has a "missed chance" or bullied by the left.

This is exactly why I have no idea how come so many people are acting like such #Basics...sooooo much drama in the LBC it's kinda hard be Trump D O Double G.

Let me clarify...I know EXACTLY why people are so filled with drama it just makes little sense.

That said, the Republicans have already turned the other cheek on Trump's conflicts of interest because he's not a Democrat. What else will they ignore or fall in line with?

Maybe...or maybe not.

Which is why there is reason for concern having a President who appoints racists and bigots into the highest positions. Trump ran with an R by his name. How much will the Republicans actually do to get in his way, even when it would be the right thing to do?

If he throws them a bone with enough of their pet projects, they might go along with whatever he wants. He could threaten to veto them if he wants. They don't have 60 senate seats.

Hmmmm.....Well.....if it becomes really extreme, they stand to get slaughtered in the mid-term elections in two years.

That seems unlikely. From what I've seen, the Senate map is very favorable to Republicans in 2018. And they've got the House on lock.

I don't really see how the Democrats could realistically do this. This is the GOP that decided to more or less shut down Congress for six years because Barack Obama passed healthcare law. The GOP that shuttered a sitting President's Supreme Court nomination and found out America was fine with that. The GOP that had several prominent legislators promising four more years of that if Hillary would have won.

They didn't merely go unpunished, they were sweepingly rewarded and will in short order have control of every branch of government at the federal level, and the majority of state legislatures.

The idea that they might get slaughtered in midterm elections supposes that people care about these things. All recent evidence is to the contrary.

That seems unlikely. From what I've seen, the Senate map is very favorable for Republicans in 2018. And they've got the House on lock.

I don't really see how the Democrats could realistically do this. This is the GOP that decided to more or less shut down Congress for six years because Barack Obama passed healthcare law. The GOP that shuttered a sitting President's Supreme Court nomination and found out America was fine with that. The GOP that had several prominent legislators promising four more years of that if Hillary would have won.

They didn't merely go unpunished, they were sweepingly rewarded and will in short order have control of every branch of government at the federal level, and the majority of state legislatures.

Far be it for me to defend the GOP. But....

a) Obamacare sucked as a legislation. Everyone on the Dems side wanted to pat each other on the back and celebrate. The republicans knew it sucked. Sure, they were pathetic at coming up with their own plan. But.....

b) Their strategy on the SCOTUS worked. I didn't think it would and I thought they should have confirmed the nominee because Hillary would have nominated someone a heck of a lot worse. But.....they won.

Maybe...or maybe not.

Which is why there is reason for concern having a President who appoints racists and bigots into the highest positions. Trump ran with an R by his name. How much will the Republicans actually do to get in his way, even when it would be the right thing to do?

If he throws them a bone with enough of their pet projects, they might go along with whatever he wants. He could threaten to veto them if he wants. They don't have 60 senate seats.

Hmmmm.....Well.....if it becomes really extreme, they stand to get slaughtered in the mid-term elections in two years.

Voters who tend to vote Democrat have already been oppressed by protections being removed. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of that.

I kind of doubt Jeff Sessions is big on expanding access to voting and protecting the Voting Rights Act.

The way Republicans feel rewarded for their actions the last 6 years is the saddest part about all of this. They're getting rewarded for not lifting a finger to help our president, fix the ACA, or propose any reasonable alternatives to his ideas. In fact, they did the opposite, at times holding different branches of the government hostage and/or shutting down the government altogether.

And now they're getting rewarded for acting like children. I guess Obama deserved it for trying to help people, after all.

The selective "let's be fair to..." from the people is also concerning.

If you're in Trump's world, that's being fair to Trump for his tweet-raging, being fair to Trump supporters, and seizing upon every worst conspiratorial thought the other way around.

Let's be honest may be a better creed.

Is this really the issue or is this burst of tweets this morning ANOTHER attempt to distract from the NYT articles on his conflicts of interest with international business?

Also, I wasn't aware of this little Amendment to the Constitution ... an interesting one for sure. I'm not sure I like Pence better, but he is at least a smarter bigot.

This fool doesn't understand the difference between auditing election results and not accepting them. Either that, or he's just trying to intentionally rile up his base.

His business conflicts are staggering, and it appears the kids will be running the show while also sitting in on numerous affairs within the government. That's the definition of a conflict of interest.

It seems like the response from the people around him and our Congressional leaders is going to be "No, of course there's no conflict of interest." So, business as usual in DC. GOP turning a blind eye to their team.

Can we get back to what matters and talk about emails? :lol: