Han Solo Spinoff Confirmed

Oh my lawd....

Some of you guys are absolutely insufferable!!!

All these Star Wars films coming out on a yearly basis is utterly AMAZING!!!  This is the most perfect time to be a Star Wars fan!!!

I don't know about any of you, but I saw "A New Hope" in the theater when I was 7 years old back in 1977.  And ever since then, every time I sit in a theater to see a Star Wars film I become, at least for a few hours anyway, that wide-eyed seven year old again.  I love and appreciate these SW films for what they are: pure fantasy and escapist entertainment to enjoy where I can forget about my real world troubles for a short time.  My suggestion is to start going into see these Star Wars movies and view them through the lense of when you were a kid.  

And actually, after seeing the trailer, it looks good. 

8 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Rogue One was AMAZING!!!  It is, in my opinion, the best Star Wars film ever.  It was a Star Wars that actually put the "war" in Star Wars.  Personally I loved the gritty feel of the movie and felt the tone was perfect.  /ThreadDerailment

Gross. No. But, I agree that diving into that topic again would be better served for the Rogue One thread on this board.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Oh my lawd....

Some of you guys are absolutely insufferable!!!

All these Star Wars films coming out on a yearly basis is utterly AMAZING!!!  This is the most perfect time to be a Star Wars fan!!!

I don't know about any of you, but I saw "A New Hope" in the theater when I was 7 years old back in 1977.  And ever since then, every time I sit in a theater to see a Star Wars film I become, at least for a few hours anyway, that wide-eyed seven year old again.  I love and appreciate these SW films for what they are: pure fantasy and escapist entertainment to enjoy where I can forget about my real world troubles for a short time.  My suggestion is to start going into see these Star Wars movies and view them through the lense of when you were a kid.  

And actually, after seeing the trailer, it looks good. 

You my friend have the perfect attitude towards these movies and the Star Wars franchise in general.  They are escapist, fantasy, sci-fi entertainment.  I want them to be good, but I am not going to get too much deeper into it than that.    

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...

13 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

So in a galaxy where spaceships are capable of flight, across a planet, or inter-galactic space, they still have....trains?  LOL...okies.  I'm still going to see it, but expectations are incredibly low.

The only way I see this movie not sucking and kneecapping Han Solo's character is if Donald Glover really delivers as Lando.

9 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The only way I see this movie not sucking and kneecapping Han Solo's character is if Donald Glover really delivers as Lando.

That seems kinda odd.  I dunno, just seems that the actor they cast as a young Han...seems like it should be his performance and to a slightly lesser extent, the story that would make or break it.  Just my two pennies.

12 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

That seems kinda odd.  I dunno, just seems that the actor they cast as a young Han...seems like it should be his performance and to a slightly lesser extent, the story that would make or break it.  Just my two pennies.

I agree but have zero faith in Star Wars' ability to write a good story, so my hope is on the secondary characters to carry the movie.

I've reached a point of diminishing returns with Star Wars.....which utterly sucks to say. TFA, RO and TLJ all disappointed in various ways, and I can't muster the excitement to go see an origin story that nobody needs, with a cast of people who can't act. 

• Plus1 2