Board Announcements

zoogs

"Greatest message board of all time". You're doing it wrong, man :D

Hey, is there an actual functional difference between "Like" and "+1" apart from Like being public? I like that. And the Like icon. I also think the Confused/Sad/Haha/etc icons would be fun, but that's just me :P 

Regarding some of the other peccadilloes -- there are a lot of background processes still running, and likely will be over the next few days. For oddities that aren't "Where did ___ feature go" or "How to ____", they might be resolved in the background. For example right now we're about 34% through "Rebuilding Posts", whatever that means . It may have something to do with why some emoji in old posts aren't showing up properly.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

The 48 is set in the site settings.  I haven't really looked into the leaderboard yet.  What would be an appropriate number?

As Historian of Rep, I have typically tracked the top 50. This new version makes that super simple by giving me the ability to sort by Rep, so that's awesomesauce, but Top 48 is kludgy. If I could see the top 75 that would be ideal, but I'd settle for top 50. 

• Plus1 1

Super happy with all the work you guys are doing on the back end to make this pretty. I know this is basically going to be a Beta test for a while until we all get familiar with what this version can do, so kudos to Mav, zoogs, DaveH & everyone else working overtime to make this as home-like as possible for the madding crowd. 

In the meantime, I jumped on my PC at home and had the old front page still loaded.  I screen-capped it, so here's a glimpse for everyone who's nostalgic for the Old Days.

Xu1KWyF.png

• Plus1 4

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

As Historian of Rep, I have typically tracked the top 50. This new version makes that super simple by giving me the ability to sort by Rep, so that's awesomesauce, but Top 48 is kludgy. If I could see the top 75 that would be ideal, but I'd settle for top 50. 

I refuse I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

76 looked better as it is a multiple of 4

Edited by Mavric
  • Plus1 1
13 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm trying to delete my uploaded media. Apparently I'm using 113% of my allowed space.  I just can't find any controls that allow me to delete them. 

Is their the same as Attachments?  If so, the delete function probably needs to be enabled.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Super happy with all the work you guys are doing on the back end to make this pretty. I know this is basically going to be a Beta test for a while until we all get familiar with what this version can do, so kudos to Mav, zoogs, DaveH & everyone else working overtime to make this as home-like as possible for the madding crowd. 

In the meantime, I jumped on my PC at home and had the old front page still loaded.  I screen-capped it, so here's a glimpse for everyone who's nostalgic for the Old Days.

Xu1KWyF.png

This made me lol. I was just thinking, I'm starting to forget what the previous board looks like, and then I started thinking of all the iterations another board I used to use went through.

48 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yup appears to be a desktop version on me phone now! Thanks Mav and team!

OK.  Good.  I couldn't find where a user had the choice to change Themes so I created a new Theme and hard-coded your account to use the Desktop version.

Now that there is an option for the Theme, I see there is a drop box at the very bottom of the page for Theme.  The "Non-Responsive" Theme will not try to choose the best fit based on your device - it should always display the main (desktop) version.